Thanksgiving Did Me In

Options
Ok, so I splurged a wee bit on Thanksgiving (only at dinner) and got right back on track and was under my calories for the last two days and suddenly the scales look like they want to go in the wrong direction.

I'm so completely frustrated right now.

Replies

• tearose4
    tearose4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Keep your eye on the big picture!! It's true, if you overeat you may gain weight, that's the natural consequence. But it's important to not allow one holiday to cause your whole plan to come undone. If you gain it this week you can still lose it next week -- but only if you DON'T LOSE FOCUS.

So hang in there! :flowerforyou:
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Stupid Scales! LOL Hang in there, keep on track and they will move back in the right direction. Frustrating as hell for sure, but don't stress yourself out.
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You did not gain "weight" from one dinner. My guess it's just excess sodium. to gain one pound of fat, you would need to eat 3500 extra calories, and I doubt that you did that.

Just leave the scale alone for a few days, drink lots of water, and don't give up!
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    This is completely off topic, but I love your profile picture!! <3 Glee
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Remember in the past you ate like this even more frequently. Most of the scale is probably from all the excess sodium anyway. Move forward, don't look back.
  • StrangeFascination
    Options
    Thanks for the words of support. Much appreciated. I like the sodium idea. LOL

Please feel free to add me as a friend if any of you are looking to add more.

(I love the Glee photo too, thanks!)
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    could just be extra sodium...carry on as normal..dont be a slave to the number on the scale..but to the way you feel, the way your clothes are fitting.

Holidays and special occasions are goign to occur and you should take part in the celebrations of life..just dont freak if the scale isnt moving in the right direction...