I need new clothes!! :)

Today I weighed in 20 pounds lighter than when I started in October! :happy: I haven't seen this number on the scale since 4 years ago!!! And yesterday, the "If every day were like today, you'd weigh __ in 5 weeks" tool showed me a number I haven't seen in 8 years! This is amazing!!

The best part, by far, is that for the first time in a long time, I will have to buy new clothes because everything is getting too BIG on me! My works pants are all baggy now, and the ones that don't have belt loops are falling down. :blushing: Gotta put those ones away for good. Some of my belts don't even have enough holes to get tight enough around my waist. :noway:

This feels so good! Just wanted to pass on the positivity!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Today I weighed in 20 pounds lighter than when I started in October! :happy: I haven't seen this number on the scale since 4 years ago!!! And yesterday, the "If every day were like today, you'd weigh __ in 5 weeks" tool showed me a number I haven't seen in 8 years! This is amazing!!

The best part, by far, is that for the first time in a long time, I will have to buy new clothes because everything is getting too BIG on me! My works pants are all baggy now, and the ones that don't have belt loops are falling down. :blushing: Gotta put those ones away for good. Some of my belts don't even have enough holes to get tight enough around my waist. :noway:

This feels so good! Just wanted to pass on the positivity!! :flowerforyou:
  • amccarville
    amccarville Posts: 185
    Awesome Bribe to Be. I cant wait to feel how you feel. Keep it up!!:flowerforyou:
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Great job! :drinker:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Those big clothes, don't PUT away...GIVE away. You're not going to need them anymore and don't want them hanging around for comfort. Enjoy your shopping spree.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    wtg!:flowerforyou:
  • I know the feeling! After loosing my first 25-35 pds during the summer of 2008, (while wearing mostly casual capri and sun dresses), when it turned cool and I went to put on a long pair of pants, they literally dropped to my knees! ! ! By November everything was 4-5 sizes to big! I immediately went shopping...WARNING...Since then I have continued to lose and am having to have the clothes I brought at the end of last year altered. Plus my shoe size went down a whole size. If there was ever an upside down to loosing weight....the replacement cost ($$$$$) is a LOVE - HATE relationship!

Keep up the good work! Don't let nothing stop you from reaching your goal!
  • Jenny_Bee
    Jenny_Bee Posts: 102
    That's so awesome! I always get so excited to hear people's success stories! Keep up the good work, and yes... GIVE those pants away!!
  • mamajen
    mamajen Posts: 3
    :flowerforyou: That is great news!! It gives me hope for the coming months. That wedding dress will look amazing on you!
  • wow great job i just started today and i think your story just gave me the pick me up i needed thanx and congrats on the soon to be wedding
  • nbass
    nbass Posts: 10
    Congrats....that's SO awesome! I hope that I too will be just as successful and put these clothes away for good!! Luckily I have tons of cute clothes that are too tight- so I just need to lose a good twenty lbs and I'll have a new wardrobe!!!
    But good for you!!!! Keep it up!!
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    GREAT JOB!!!!!!!
    You must feel AWESOME!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Way to go!!! I have been putting my old clothes on Freecycle. It's a yahoo groupd designed to keep stuff out of landfills. Members give stuff away and request items they need. You may even score some new clothes if you check it out!
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    WAY TO GO! I gave all my old clothes away too! What size was you in and are you in now?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Congrats, that is so awesome. Keep up the great work.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,746 Member
    I know the feeling! After loosing my first 25-35 pds during the summer of 2008, (while wearing mostly casual capri and sun dresses), when it turned cool and I went to put on a long pair of pants, they literally dropped to my knees! ! ! By November everything was 4-5 sizes to big! I immediately went shopping...WARNING...Since then I have continued to lose and am having to have the clothes I brought at the end of last year altered. Plus my shoe size went down a whole size. If there was ever an upside down to loosing weight....the replacement cost ($$$$$) is a LOVE - HATE relationship!

Keep up the good work! Don't let nothing stop you from reaching your goal!

I have the same love hate relationship going! It's hard when you have nothing to wear, I feel that all I've done is replace clothes. Some of my replacements no longer fit and it does get pricey.

I had an entire closet of size 16's that I collected over a lot of years. I hung onto them for a while and decided they needed to be out of the house, I gave them away. I'm now wearing 10's and some of them are loose around the waist. 8's are my goal and 6's would be a dream.....
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Great Job:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Thanks soooo much everyone for all the comments!! :flowerforyou:
    Based on your advice, I'll weed through my closet (oooh that's scary, are you sure?), and won't spend all my money on the next size down because hopefully there will be more to come! :wink:

Have a great night. :smile:
    ~Brianna
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    that is great WTG!!!

I too have noticed having to buy clothes more and I just bought new ones less then month ago!!!
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Awesome job!!! It feels so good, doesn't it?! I wore a pair of jeans today that haven't come out of my dresser in a YEAR!!! I couldn't believe it when they slid over my hips without a problem, and I could button them without having to try... Treat yourself to an outfit, so you have something to compare your sizes to later!!!
  • CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!