Road Blocks

Options
I have been on this site for just over 3 weeks, lost 4 lbs in the first two weeks. Week three lost nothing, I'm still trying but it is so discouraging. Need Help!!!

Replies

• smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    FIRST OF ALL DON'T GIVE UP!!!! it' going to take some time. sometimes there is a road block but when that happens try and switch up your routine a little. but if u have just started, u may just need to be a little more patient. it will happen. :)
  • sugarplumj
    sugarplumj Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    that is pretty good progress! The third week is really tough, especially when there are no "signs" of progress.
    what is your exercise regime looking like? maybe you are doing too much, too soon, too fast?
  • danilight
    Options
    Don't worry, you can do this! Just keep you eye on the prize. As long as your eating healthy and getting some exercise, don't worry about what the scale says. It will continue to drop as you continue to be healthy! Good luck!
  • bhoward1977
    Options
    Exercise, i try to walk as much as possilble. I have a gym membership don't go as often as I should but it's boring. When I do get to the gym I do an hour of cardio.
  • jlikennedy3
    jlikennedy3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I have been working hard at for 2.5 months and only have 9-10 lbs to show for it. This week I have lost nothing so far and I am trying so hard not to get discouraged. BUT... I have noticed my clothes fitting loosely and I was able to buy a little black dress this weekend for an event I went to and it actually looked decent. I keep telling myself I need to get a tape measure and measure the inches instead of just going off the scale but I haven't had time to go get one yet. Don't give up! I have made short term goals for myself to help me accomplish my long term goals. That way when I reach a short term goal I will get all pumped up again to keep going for my long term goal. Long term goal - lose 75 lbs, only 9-10 lbs into it.... but my short term goal is to lose 20 lbs by Christmas to fit nicely into a very cute red dress for my Christmas program. I only have 10 lbs to go, so don't give up and keep going. I think 4 lbs is awesome!!!!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Exercise, i try to walk as much as possilble. I have a gym membership don't go as often as I should but it's boring. When I do get to the gym I do an hour of cardio.

Can you schedule an appt w/ a trainer at your gym who could maybe help you change up your workout a bit? That way it's not boring and maybe you'd use the membership more.

ETA: I started my fitness journey only doing cardio - I did the elliptical for 20 min a few nights a week. Then I discovered workout DVDs (Jillian Michaels kicks butt!) and that's made a big difference. Circuit training has me doing a variety of different exercises for only a few minutes at a time, so it doesn't get boring.
  • draperydude
    Options
    Don't give up. I lost 70 lbs in 7 months using this plan. You have to be honest with the plan but I recommend it highly. My sister is unable to exercise due to MS. She has lost over 40 lbs in the past 5 months. She even goes to Dunkin Donuts. You have to count everything. When choosing the item that best suits the calorie intake, ie. baked potato, hamburger, don't look for the lowest one. Choose the one that seems the most correct to you. Good Luck!
  • marisol_cd
    Options
    I used to get bored really easily if exercised on the machines. So I started taking classes, now I enjoy them so much that I've picked classes I regularly take and I actually look forward to working out. I feel weird if I don't work out, I've heard it takes 30 days to develop a routine. For me, I think I made regular exercise a part of my routine after about 3 weeks of just forcing myself to go. I would get discouraged because I would always felt like I wasn't exercising correctly and I could keep up with the class. But every time you try you get better. We all have to go through that, don't get discouraged!!
  • lupie007
    lupie007 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Don't give up. I was just like that. I did really well in the first few weeks and then nothing. It was a downer for sure but I just kept going with it and by the next week I'd lost another pound. Just stick with it and you'll see it come off. Don't give up! I need a partner!! ;) You can do this!
  • jhungate
    jhungate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    How much exercise are you getting? It is the key.
  • fivetwo84
    Options
    You CAN do this; do NOT give up. I was recently at a plateau from September 26th - October 10th & I am also very early on in my weightloss journey. It was extremely frustrating, but I just kept with what I was doing, but increased my exercise a bit & the scale finally moved for me. If you continue to eat at your calorie goal & exercise, you will lose weight - it's just the way it is.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I would recommend adding some strength training into your routine. It has made an amazing difference in the results I have gotten so far. I don't have a gym membership, so I use kettlebells, a medicine ball, hand weights, and resistance bands. I try to switch up my workouts so I don't get too used to any one thing. If you have OnDemand, Exercise Tv has tons of workouts.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!