OMG! Subway just hit me hard!!!

Options
OK, I am sure there have been several threads about Subway. Lets face it, we all love that place. But man, I went over 100 or more really with the cold cut combo!!! No chip, no soft drink.

Holy Crap, it floored me.

So I have done some research. Way too much cholesterol and sodium!!!!!

Gonna check out the menu from now on for something different:

I know they are safer to eat then fast food, but I just better make Subway my fav for only once a month.....

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    OK, I am sure there have been several threads about Subway. Lets face it, we all love that place. But man, I went over 100 or more really with the cold cut combo!!! No chip, no soft drink.

Holy Crap, it floored me.

So I have done some research. Way too much cholesterol and sodium!!!!!

Gonna check out the menu from now on for something different:

I know they are safer to eat then fast food, but I just better make Subway my fav for only once a month.....
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    have to really watch that sodium it can really hinder you 1500-2500 is the range to stay in
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    nice info..maybe once i go back to eating bread I will have to use some of those ideas..no cheese etc etc thks
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Subway isn't diet food. That Jarod guy lost weight by only eating veggie sandwiches. It's great and a healthier option than most fast food, but it's not diet food.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I do subway on occasion. No mayo, no oil/vinegar and no cheese. And if I really want to cut down, I order it on a wrap instead of a roll.

And I always order peppercinis on my sandwhich.

A bit high in sodium, but i'm OK with that.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Subway does have healthy choices- The ones under 6 grams of fat are just the bread and the meat- no cheese no condiments- and thats just for the 6inches

if you get cheese you need to add those calories as well-

I eat turkey and cheese hoagies/subs everyday for lunch--

Its best to look at calories before going places to eat to help you stay within your calories so you make better choices

That jared guy lost weight because all he ate was subways 6in under 6 grams of fat subs plus he walked to subway- everytime.
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I always got a veggie and added my own turkey bacon on it!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    The problem is you ordered the cold cut combo.....like any restaurant you have to make sure that you make the right food choice.
  • kayovercomer
    Options
    I love Subway but don't go there as much.
    I was usually getting one about 4X a week.
    Tuna is terribly high in calories. I would usually
    get a turkey or ham but yes, if you get cheese
    you have to add that. I think I fooled myself in
    thinking that if I got mustard then I had done
    this marvelous thing! But the bread, the sodium,
    it does all add up. Wouldn't you know it my favorites
    would be the BMT, Tuna, Cold Cut Combo, Subway
    Melt. IT's like at this point, why bother?

Sigh. So, bye, bye Subway unless maybe once
    a month or so. The cookies and potato chips will do us all in. :drinker:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    That's ironic that this post is here today................I was a bad girl lastnight, drank my dinner and this morning felt so vile that I couldn't eat anything other than a bar for breakfast. With all that said, I chose Subway for lunch, probably haven't had it since October and have decided the chicken bacon ranch was not all I used to think it was and felt yucky, belchy all day (tmi? lol)............now that is over, back to the drawing board tomorrow!
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    If you get a veggie or turkey sandwich it's only 230 calories each 6" sandwich.

What I do when I go is get a veggie sandwich on wheat bread, and a yogurt, and the total calories is only 310.

that's about how much I'd have eaten at home if my mom had cooked or I had eaten a Budget Gourmet (most of their meals are between 270 and 320 or so).