HRM

Options
Hello Everyone,

I am thinking about getting a HRM. Can anyone tell me which ones they have had a good experience with? Also, ones that I should stay away from.

Thank you! :smile:

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    polar. ft4 or ft 7. i have the ft4 and it's great.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Get one with a chest strap, they are more accurate. You tend to get what you pay for with these things, I have the Polar FT60 and love it. Try amazon or ebay for the best deals.

**Also there are TONS of posts about HRM's use the search box and you will get lots of info, questions & reviews
  • PrettyLittleLiar79
    Options
    I just got a semi cheap one at Wal-Mart for like $60 buck...Seems to be ok. Came with the chest strap too...But took me a week to learn it. LoL
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Stay away from any that do not have a chest strap --- if you're trying to save a buck, its not worth it.

I have a Polar FT7 -- it was about $75 on Amazon and I love it. If I had more to spend at the time, I would have gotten a Polar FT40/FT60 so I could program my V02 max.
  • lhillegass
    Options
    Polar FT7! It replaced the Sportline, which was unfortunately a lemon.
  • Tereztaylor07
    Options
    I also have the polar ft7, and it was only $75 bucks. Easily programmed and super easy to use. Works every time the way it's supposed to. I would recommend going with a name brand because they have better customer service and tend to last a bit longer. It's an investment in you!
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I use to do HIIT so I needed an HRM with an interval function while monitoring HR. Something to consider I guess...
  • mrandolph69
    mrandolph69 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and love it. I also splurged and got the Flowlink which is a device that you set your FT7 on after using it and it automatically uploads all the data to PolarPersonalFitness.com where you can more easily track it.