I am addicted to food

Options
I think I am realizing that I am just plain addicted to food. Has anyone ever been through food rehab? Does it work? Do you have any suggestions to help me stop binge eating.

Thanks...

Replies

• llamalover777
    Options
    I think I am realizing that I am just plain addicted to food. Has anyone ever been through food rehab? Does it work? Do you have any suggestions to help me stop binge eating.

Thanks...
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    everyone is different. I personally think its more of a mental battle, you CAN overcome it, just dont get down, beat the food addiction, dont let it beat u!
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    im addicted to horrible food lol. fast food queeen. ahhhh. anyone else looooove fast food???
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Is food really an addiction?? Not saying anyone is wrong. But when we grow up we learn the following.

Everyone brings food to the following:

Deaths
    Births
    Birthday parties
    Depressing times
    Sickness
    Stress

Have you ever heard the excuse, eat, you need to keep your strenght.

What a croc. Our bodies will tell us when we are hungry. You know the diff, and you can control it.

I have finally started doen the right road with all that, "beat into my head", statements.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

Thanks...

I know the feeling, Food was my hobby...I think it helps to find something else to be passionate about. Food is often, and this might be the same in your case a way to reward yourself or comfort yourself. Find something less destructive. It's not the easiest thing to do but it might help. I am lucky in the fact that since getting the ball rolling I have found that I enjoy using excersice as a way to deal with stress or bad days. It's kinda like replacement therapy. Find that thing that you can enjoy as much as food. lol
    What things do you like aside from food?

:drinker:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Is food really an addiction?? Not saying anyone is wrong. But when we grow up we learn the following.

Everyone brings food to the following:

Deaths
    Births
    Birthday parties
    Depressing times
    Sickness
    Stress

Have you ever heard the excuse, eat, you need to keep your strenght.

What a croc. Our bodies will tell us when we are hungry. You know the diff, and you can control it.

I have finally started doen the right road with all that, "beat into my head", statements.

I don't think anyone here is trying to say that they have a "Chemical" addiction to food. But I think the mental aspect of addiction can most certainly be applied to food. These learned behaviors we gain throughout our life form addictive patterns. I agree that it shouldnt be used as a crutch or an excuse but it is a reality. Harder to overcome for some than it is for others.
  • DivaLisa
    DivaLisa Posts: 29
    Options
    i feel like i am additced ..

if food is within eye sight, i can't seem to avoid, i have gone as long as an hour but couldn't stop thinking about the food ..

for me i find it best just to not see it .. get my plate then have some one put the food away or cover it up ..

i also LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE fast food .. i am trying to get used to cooking again, we have been in our new place since right b4 xmas and i have no excuses, i am getting better .. only eat out 3 -4 times a a week now .. used to be 2-3x a day

but now i am on this site and really trying to behave.lol:laugh:
  • carrie11777
    carrie11777 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Food can absolutely be addicting especially the toxins in food that keep us wanting more by giving us highs and then lows like sugar, caffeine (chocolate) etc, fat. The best way to cope with food addictions I would suggest is slowly replacing the wrong foods with ones that are much healthier for you...the difficult part is that they do not taste as good at first
    ... but eventually you actually begin to like the healthier foods better! ...especially when you think of how great your body feels when you eat the foods it needs to function better. Here is a book about nutrition and how we poison our bodies with food and other toxins...and most importantly how to eat better.
    The Ultramind solution by Marc Hymann (I'm not sure If I spelled that correctly).
    I certainly have a ways to go with managing my own food addiction but this book is enlightening.
    It might help motivate you to eat better.
    When you realize how much food effects your brain and state of mind it is awakening.
    Good Luck with your goals!