1st day and the task seems daunting...

Options
Hi I'm Sean a 40 something father of three that is tired of being tired, fat and self conscious. Looking for some friends to help me along my journey. I am excited that today is the day I have finally made the decision to take some action and finally start this process. Thank you all for being here!!!

Replies

• ManderG03
    ManderG03 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    WELCOME TO THE SITE. IT IS TRULEY MY LIFE LINE!!! GOOD LUCK ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY!
  • Mememone
    Mememone Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome and wish you great success. Some of the reasons you decided to join are also some of why I decided to join. If you want, you can add me as a friend.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    You're in a great place! This site and the people you will "meet" are very helpful and encouraging. One thing that helps it seem less daunting is to have mini-goals. Try thinking "5 lbs at a time" rather then just focusing on your end goal. :)
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    welcome!!! log on to this site often....I know I do to succeed! good luck!! :)
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are in the right place!
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Wishing you great success. This is the place to be, look up people by hitting the find members and ask to be friends. You can select age, male or female, how far away they are and by the amount of weight they need to lose. I just go with everyone as we are all on here looking to do the same thing. So if you want friend me, I'd be honored. Have a fantastic day!:drinker:
  • julie204
    julie204 Posts: 130
    Options
    well done for joining this site is so great it keeps you going you can add me as a friend if you wish to help you with tips and you can give me support too:smile:
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can totally do this! I just turned 40 and have lost 36 pounds since April by just watching portion sizes and my overall calorie count. A few weeks ago, I entered the healthy BMI range for the first time in 10 years! Overall, it's been pretty easy and painless. You'll get lots of support on MFP!
  • ziggy_mommy
    Options
    Hey - welcome and good luck! I was there less than a month ago, and have so much to lose - I know exactly how you feel. But every day you watch yourself meet your calorie goals, and then your weight starts to go down, and little by little you start to meet those goals. And anytime you feel discouraged, there are GREAT people here to lend a helping hand... er... ear... er... finger? Well, whatever they're lending, it sure makes a difference!

Feel free to add me if you're looking for friends! :)
  • msqdpie
    msqdpie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Day one is a Great place to start!, I just got on this site less than 2 weeks ago, I've done alot of reading, Seems everyone has their own way of weight loss, and it's All working for each of us, I'm reading and Learning from everyone, Lots of Great Folks! Good Luck, Your Welcome to add me if you'd like. Day 2 starts tomorrow!!!!
  • Serialdieter
    Options
    Welcome, I am quite new too and love the website I have got some really encouraging friends and I am excited to become a healthier happier me.

Good Luck