Eating sweets..

Options
Heyyyy fitness pals! :)

I was wondering, do you eat sweets on daily basis, once a week or none at all? & how does that affect your weight loss?

Also, I feel that my butt is getting bigger...which I hate lol. So, should I eat less carbs & fats than usual?

Please post any thoughts or advice :)
Thank you in advance!

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I love sweets and eat them EVERYDAY. I eat smaller portions and I make sure the sweets I choose give me the most bang for my calorie buck. I have lost 60lbs and am maintaining my weight. So, it is working for me. :)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Maintain a calorie deficit and you're going to lose weight. Carbs and fats do not make one have a large butt unless you're having too many in a day.
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    I need a little sweet after dinner. I'll usually eat a fruit or maybe 2 pitted prunes to satisfy my sweet tooth after dinner.
  • brynakrauth
    Options
    I'm not a huge sweet eater.....but there are nights when I really need some kind of sugar fix. I've found that after a few bites, your body won't necessarily crave it any more. So, give yourself something that is small and will satisfy your craving. Like (if you can) eat one Hershey kiss, a small piece of carmel, or count out 10 M&M's. This is kind of hard if you tend to start eating and can't stop. But, if you can have a little sweet bite and then move on, this really works.
    One other thing I do is make myself a cup of hot apple cider. It's only 80 calories and is sweet and soothing. Yummm. Fruit can also satisfy the sweet tooth.
    Good luck!
    Bryn
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I do, but like chevy88grl I hold out for the good stuff! I would rather have a smaller amount of really good quality chocolate than some low-cal wannabe. :happy: Didn't help my butt out at all, I still don't have one!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I love sweets and eat them EVERYDAY. I eat smaller portions and I make sure the sweets I choose give me the most bang for my calorie buck.

This, exactly.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I used to eat sweets or drink soda several times a day! I cut that out completely until I got out of the habit. Now I have something on occasion, but not on a daily basis. I don't crave it anymore. Part of it was just a habit for me - after dinner I would start expecting something sweet because that's what I did every day.
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am not a huge sweet person, but when I am craving sweets I have found that i can get it in things besides cakes, cookies, and candies. For example fiber one bars or kellogs fiber plus bars..are they great for me, no but they taste like candy bars to me and give me a good dose of fiber and protein. Also I will eat a bowl of special k blueberry ceral or chocolate delight, one serving including my milk is under 200 calories which is still less than a candy bar or brownie and i find these things satisfy my sweet tooth.
  • goodwille
    Options
    I used to eat sweets like there wasn't any other food in the world, but i use fruits during the day, and I always check my calories and serving sizes if I am really jonesing for a chocolate or whatever. I personally love the mini resses the ones ones that are still wrapped, 5 of them are plenty sweet, and they are 220 per serving, perfect for me.

I also have a cheat day or a 'fat' each week, where i don't worry about what i am eating i enjoy the food, I try to make those the days i know I will be hanging out with friends, or on the road all day, it helps keep me sane on this journey
  • goodwille
    Options
    I used to eat sweets like there wasn't any other food in the world, but i use fruits during the day, and I always check my calories and serving sizes if I am really jonesing for a chocolate or whatever. I personally love the mini resses the ones ones that are still wrapped, 5 of them are plenty sweet, and they are 220 per serving, perfect for me.

I also have a cheat day or a 'fat' each week, where i don't worry about what i am eating i enjoy the food, I try to make those the days i know I will be hanging out with friends, or on the road all day, it helps keep me sane on this journey