Fiber consumption

Options
I am a 62 year old female trying to gain control of my weight. I just recently joice myfitnesspal. I want to be be able to consume the recommended fiber in my diet. How can I tell if I am getting the recommended amount from the food that I consume?

Replies

• lisacandoit1965
    lisacandoit1965 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    From the home page click on settings, then you can change what you track...click the drop down arrow in one of the fields and you can change it to fiber
  • theresagal329
    Options
    I heard 25g a day but I am not sure if thats the true case... That was I try and eat
  • lisacandoit1965
    lisacandoit1965 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sorry its on the food tab not the my home tab :)
  • rockeraxXx
    Options
    I read labels. I got so used to reading labels when I was on Weigh Watchers. If and when I ate processed foods I always ate HIGH FIBER foods. Also if you feel you are not eating enough fiber take a supplement. Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You can add fiber to the nutrients that are tracked on your Food page. Go to goals and add fiber under "custom"... I think this is the proper procedure- I havent changed mine in a while.... Hope this helps-
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    You can track your fiber intake by clicking on the "Food" tab then "settings". I always go over my fiber. I am at 27 right now.