Air guitars, half-marathons, books, baseball and MFP. Or: He

Options
So after a week-ish on here, I've noticed the general rule seems to be: you put a post in the "Introduce Yourself" section, ask to make a few friends, then get a lot of people who say, "Hey, feel free to add me!" I can roll that way, if you like, so send me a message or do the tried-and-true "Feel free to add me" post below. Or, you can simply go to my profile and click the "add as friend" button. It's all good.

I'm trying to make some fitness/motivation connections on this site. Maybe we share something in common. To that end:
• I live in Spokane, Washington, with my Lovely Wife and Lovely Daughter, but am originally from Montana.
• I've published five novels, and currently do the devil's work as Creative Director at an advertising agency.
• I am an undefeated 3-0 in air guitar competitions.
• I'm a four-year cancer survivor (lymphoma).
• I love general online geekery, the Milwaukee Brewers (please, please win tonight), disc golf, geocaching, and running. Er...slow jogging. I'm that guy at the back of pack you've probably passed on your own runs. Did a half-marathon a few years ago, but have put on too many pounds since. Just getting back into the training routine and aiming for another half--maybe even a full--down the road.

I'm good with people who are even-keel. I'm good with people who are slightly disturbed. I'm good with people who are shy. I'm good with people who are obnoxious (as long as you're funny-obnoxious). I'm good with people who need positive reinforcement. I'm good with people who need a kick in the pants to get motivated.

So: feel free to add me. Or, feel free to leave me a message and ask me to add you.

Replies

• quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Best intro in a while! Feel free to add me if you need any extra support!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Agree! This is the most interesting intro I've read in a long time! Feel free to add me :)
  • jayb123x
    jayb123x Posts: 138
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think you should teach a class in online intros. :) Request coming your way...
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options

I agree...great "nice to meet ya!"
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

Agreed! And, since my Phils are out, I have hopped on the Brewer bandwagon...kick some Red Bird Booty!!! :bigsmile:
  • WillieEverlearn
    WillieEverlearn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Agreed! And, since my Phils are out, I have hopped on the Brewer bandwagon...kick some Red Bird Booty!!! :bigsmile:

Let it be so, let it be so. All are welcome on the Brewers bandwagon. Last Friday, after they won the NLDS, I must admit I got a little teary-eyed in front of the TV; at this point, my wife walked in and, with a bit of concern, asked what was wrong. "Nothing," I said. "The Brewers just won a post-season series."

"I didn't know it was such a big deal to you," she said. "You haven't been like this since we were married."

"It's been 29 years since it last happened," I answered. "We haven't been married that long."