Any idea's for Chicken Marinades? or other chicken Ideas

Options
Me and my husband are trying to cut back on our red meat, I love chicken and pork, but my husband can only eat chicken for soooo many days and hates pork!... I want to know if any one has any good marinades for chicken, or healthy chicken ideas? we really want to start using our grill sense its getting nice out :) any ideas?

Replies

• kmaug
    kmaug Posts: 23
    Options
    Me and my husband are trying to cut back on our red meat, I love chicken and pork, but my husband can only eat chicken for soooo many days and hates pork!... I want to know if any one has any good marinades for chicken, or healthy chicken ideas? we really want to start using our grill sense its getting nice out :) any ideas?
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My kids and I LOVE chicken Curry and there are quick mixes you can buy form sores--or Patak's curry paste.All I do is chop up onion and garlic, add chicken in bite size pieces, chick peas, diced potato and coconut milk then addd your curry mix!!!! YUM!!!! I just don't do rice any more---and don't miss it!!
    tt123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    shake and bake spicy version
    yummy
  • rebcolorado
    Options
    baked chicken parmesean .... pound out the chicken, dip in egg beaters and dip in a small amount of italian bread crumbs (total of 1/4 cup for 2 breasts). Bake uncovered at 375 for about 20 - 25 minutes. Top each chicken breast with 1/2 cup (or so) of spaghetti sauce (or marinara sauce) and bake for another 5 minutes. I serve mine on steamed broccoli instead of pasta, but if you are ok with the calories etc. serve over pasta.
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    I love chicken parm. if you dont like having to pound them out publix sells thin sliced cutlets, and instead of bread crumb i hand crumble reduced fat ritz cracker. Season them up with garlis celery seed italian seasoning etc... just turns out a bit crispier than the usual fake bake fry. Also giving each breast a light spritz of cooking spray really helps. Pam has a great organic version.

My favorite seasoning for grilling is the old school poulrty magic by chef paul prudon (sp?). Lots of flavor great for sandwiches or salads when you don't want to use too much dressing. HTH
  • laird20k
    laird20k Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I usually just pour about 1/4 cup of a vinaigrette dressing that I have in a bag with two chicken breast. Low calorie, super easy and soooo tasty!!