Calorie breakdown-trying to tone

Options
I've tried searching through forums on here but can't find my answer so I'm starting a new one!
I am looking to tone, not lose weight.
I'm 5'4, 25 years old, around 115 lbs, and fairly active.
Calorie intake is set at 1750 for now--I might change this once I see how I'm doing in a couple weeks.
So, my question: what should my calorie breakdown look like? I think I just set it at 50/30/20, but I'm really pulling those numbers outta nowhere so a more educated answer will be very helpful! Thanks all!!

Replies

• karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    add more protein to your diet
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    lots of good fats.. not calories from fat
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    you need to aim to get your body weight in protein. different types...why, cassien, meat, eggs, etc.
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    try 40/40/20
    or go higher with the protein
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    add more protein to your diet

I agree protein.
  • stephaniej05
    Options
    try 40/40/20
    or go higher with the protein

Agreed..
  • CarlyC08
    Options
    The formula I keep hearing is something like half of your body weight=grams of protein you should be eating. With my protein set at 30%, my grams of protein is more than my weight in lbs. (130 grams of protein, 115 lbs). Should I be eating even more than that? More importantly, is it bad to eat more than that?
  • CarlyC08
    Options
    you need to aim to get your body weight in protein. different types...why, cassien, meat, eggs, etc.

That's what I'm aiming for, but I've heard t shouldn't be that much from some ppl and had heard I should increase it still from others. Confusing!
    Thanks!
  • Malinsfeet
    Malinsfeet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest complete proteins (quinoa etc).. or mixing your proteins up so they are complimentary. Protein is key but the breakdown of what amino acids is also important.
  • CarlyC08
    Options
    Thanks all, I'll try it out!