Day 1 thought I ate healthy but gone over on my fats!

Options
I went over on protein earlier and posted about it and lots of people said protein allowances were low on this site so I altered it a little.
Anyway now I have gone over on my fat and I know that can't be good!
Please can you have a look and tell me where I am going wrong!

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    You're not over by much! Remember MFP's macros are just a guide, a little over or under won't do any harm to your diet!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    All of your fats are really healthy... (yes there are good and bad fats). I am not a pro at this so this is just my opinion but the only thing that I would change is maybe eating egg whites instead of eggs to lower the fat.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I also higher my protein goal, and in return MFP lowered my fat and carb goals without me wanting it to.
    It might just be that, honestly if i go over on protein it makes me happy because then i know im going to tone, and less likely to loose weight from muscle loss than fat loss.
  • mfunkie
    Options
    Calories in < Calories out. Fat does not matter in any meaningful way. And don't worry if you have a bad day or two, you'll get there.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It depends on the type of fat. If you are eating mostly plant based fats (nuts, avacado, olive, canola or other plant based oils) then it's probably not a problem as long as you are eating enough other foods to get proper nutrients.
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    What you ate is perfectly fine! Dont panic too much sometimes that fats also include good fats which you need. :)
  • Brandi_Lee
    Options
    To be honest with you, I wouldn't worry about it so much. i never really look at anything other then the calories and I have lost 12lbs in 6 weeks.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    oh don't worry about it if it happens a bit here and there.

Add cholesterol to your tracking if that is a problem for you.

Plus, if you eat low carb or something like that, then you will be over on your protein and fat every day because it is a percentage of your calories.

I also don't worry about my fat and carb intake. Calories are all I pay attention to.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/10/12/the-big-fat-lie.aspx?e_cid=20111012_DNL_art_1

An interesting article on fat - make sure you are eating fat that is natural in real, whole food not trans fats and you shouldn't have to worry too much about it.
  • Skyrocket123
    Skyrocket123 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    I wish there was a 'thanks' button so I could thank you all individually!
    I so want to get this right and it seems so much more complicated than I first thought.
    I am trying to eat as cleanly as I can!