swinging on swings

Options
I know it's a child's thing but,I was looking for fun ways to work out. I was wondering if swinging on swings would count and if so what would you put it under?

Replies

• raw_sugar
    Options
    I used to do this.. I think if you were to classify it as a workout, it'd be a muscle workout rather than cardio.. you'd also have to really be pumping your legs!

I've always found taking dance classes to be a fun way to work out.. ballroom, bellydancing, swing dancing... jazz, whathaveyou.
  • samantha0176
    samantha0176 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    swing are fun and it is a great workout, we just went to the park this past weekend and i was on the swing for few minutes and i was breathless..but it did kill my bottom! those swings are not comfotable..or they are not meant for big butts :o)
    i agree with pp, dancing is a fun workout....i love to belly dance..i even do it while brushing my teeth...
  • Alice230
    Options
    I could never see myself belly dancing. I would be so embarrassed lol. I do not have the stomach for that.
  • raw_sugar
    Options
    Most classes don't require you to wear the fancy gear.. all the ones I have been too we just wore typical workout clothes. I'm pretty sure only the pros get all dressed up.

One of the things I found from it though was it really helped me discover how sexy my shape was (I have bit of a gut, and more than my fair share of booty).. it was a HUGE confidence booster. I wish they still offered lessons in my area.
  • ShellyRae7
    ShellyRae7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You could always purchase the Zumba fitness DVD's and do it at home. It's a great workout and a variety of moves. I try to do it three times a week. So far I have lost over 10 inches in 7 weeks. And I'm sure it's mostly from the DVD's. I know it was the craze years ago.