Not losing at all! Look at my diary...suggestions?

Options
Ok, so I know I don't always eat the right things ( I LOVE peanut butter!) and sometimes I skip dinner because I binge eat in the afternoons but I work out A LOT!! and I have not lost a pound.

Look at my diary...anybody have any suggestions?

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    You should be eating more earlier in the way. The reason behind your afternoons binge is probably not getting enough food for breakfast and dinner...
  • Paula_Addem
    Paula_Addem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water?
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Try eating more egg whites and not so much whole eggs. I see you use a lot of splenda.. try to stick to one pack at a time. The more protein you eat the better it is for you. I have noticed when I eat more protein I always am loosing more weight. Try to eat a veggie & fruit with every meal. I dont see where you drink any water unless your just not entering it in. Try drinking at least 8 glasses a day. Hope this helps a little for you at least. Feel free to add me if you want! :)
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Initial thoughts:
    1. Not many veggies or whole grains (bread/cereal food group) in your diet
    2. I see the calorie count is close to your goal, but it somehow looks like you're not eating enough, especially if you are working out a lot
    3. Maybe swap out some of the processed foods with fresh?
  • kiwikara
    kiwikara Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I recommend trying to get some more protein in your day. It looks like you only have 10lbs to lose just like me. Those last 10lbs are the hardest! I've been struggling too.
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa,
    I took a look at your diary and it prompted several questions. How much water are you drinking? You also may want to change your settings to track your sodium intake, peanut tends to be kinda high in sodium and if you're not drinking enough water to flush it out, you could be retaining.
    Good Luck!
    Carol
  • jedi9393
    jedi9393 Posts: 121
    Options
    why are u not eating dinner??? Other than that your diet looks pretty good. What kind of workouts you doing? How much are you trying to lose? What is your starting weight??
  • kkuhly
    kkuhly Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would eat more through out the day. Maybe up your clories for lunch by about 150 and then eat around 1400 total for the day. Your body may just not be getting enough calories. I know that my body cannot go below 1500 calories on a day when I dont workout and 1800 on a day when I do workout. That is its happy spot! Good luck!
  • geraldm55
    geraldm55 Posts: 130
    Options
    looking at your diary the first thing I notice is you don't drink water. I find if I don't drink enough water I feel hungry, in reality it's my body asking for water and is dehydrated. drink water and I'll bet you find a difference.
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Another thing is if you love peanut butter get all natural. I love peanut butter also & only use natural now. One of my good friends has lost over 100lbs and she is such an inspiration. She had told me to get the all natural kind so now I get Jif all natural low sodium. Its great! The next time you get peanut butter take a look at the ingreadients and see how different they are from regular to natural!
  • khartley535
    khartley535 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    WATER!!!! You need it!

Also, for less calories than your 2 scrambled eggs, you could have an egg white omlette using 4 large egg whites, 28g low fat shredded cheddar, and 2oz of low fat deli meat. Add whatever veggies you like to it as well. Lots of protein and very satisfying.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    It looks to me like your mornings start off great, then you get derailed through the day.
    I'd suggest stopping the shakeology lunches since I think they aren't keeping you feeling satisfied - which could be causing the afternoon snack attacks.
    Instead try a sandwhich with lean protein, healthy fat and whole grain bread, and some veggies (at least 1-2 cups worth)
    In the afternoon, BEFORE you start feeling too hungry, have an apple with only 2 tablespoons of your favourite peanutbutter.
    Then make sure you have a decent dinner. Lean protein, and lots of veggies. Again add in some healthy fats and carbs too.

Try that for a week and see how you do.
    I think you'll find the increase in healthy food makes you feel fuller and more satisfied longer, which is key to getting those binges under control.

Also, drink at least 8-10 cups of water. - more if you can. Its also great for controlling hunger, and helps your entire system run more smoothly.

:flowerforyou:
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You need to be eating more protien. I have a feeling you are eating a lot of sugar as well due to the amounts of fruit you eat.
    I see you are drinking Shakeology as well, are you doing a Beachbody workout too? If so, are you using a HRM because most of their workouts are more than you are entering for calories burned.
    I too only had to lose a few pounds and was not losing. I found by using this site and a HRM I needed to eat more than I was. Once I corrected that, the weight came off.

Diana
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are going overboard on the sugar and carbs.....try tracking sugars also and lowering your carbs. Fruit is very healthy but is also high in sugar and carbs. MFP has my sugars set to 24 grams a day (which I almost always go over) and it's amazing how much sugar is in everyday (seemingly healthy) foods.
  • stpkellogg
    Options
    I would eat more healthy choices and get rid of the shakes. No reason to starve yourself at dinner, I used to think that was the only way I would loose weight until I actually started counting calories and eating good.
  • LisaWeir74
    LisaWeir74 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ok.....I am a highschool teacher so eating throughout the day is almost impossible. I do drink water all day long but don't log it, I will try to though so I can see how much I drink.

I run and do crossfit workouts with a few Insanity DVDs stuck in there on non-running or crossfit workouts.

After a long run, I am not always hungry for a while so it is hard to eat dinner because I just go to bed.

Yes, I need to lose 10 lbs. Somehow in the past year, they appeared and I have not been doing anything different......workouts and eating were the same but lbs came on.

THIS IS FRUSTRATING!!
  • jule_sea
    Options
    Portion control is my first thought. Make absolutely sure that you are measuring things, it makes a difference. Also beware of trading muscle for fat. I've only lost 4 pounds, but I've lost a size for working out.

Good Luck!
  • stpkellogg
    Options
    I also tried a shake diet myself, / heb opti meals and they didn't help at all.
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Where is your ACTUAL food???!!

The only thing that looks like a real meal there is the eggs! Don't you eat meat? I eat almost the same amount of calories in a day but like 10 times more food than you do!

Make a sandwich for lunch & for dinner try & eat a real meal! You could George Forman grill up some steak or fish or chicken & have a nice salad or soup with it, even a baked potato or some instant brown rice.

Do you normally eat like this or is this your "diet"?

I honestly feel deprived just looking at it.... & like I said... I only get a few cals more than you but I eat about 12 times as much food & still stay under. I never feel hungry!

Eat in a way you can do so for the rest of your life & this will become easy :)
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Ok.....I am a highschool teacher so eating throughout the day is almost impossible. I do drink water all day long but don't log it, I will try to though so I can see how much I drink.

I run and do crossfit workouts with a few Insanity DVDs stuck in there on non-running or crossfit workouts.

After a long run, I am not always hungry for a while so it is hard to eat dinner because I just go to bed.

Yes, I need to lose 10 lbs. Somehow in the past year, they appeared and I have not been doing anything different......workouts and eating were the same but lbs came on.

THIS IS FRUSTRATING!!

If your doing Insanity those workout range from 700-900 calories burned. I know crossfit workouts are extreme also. So, I'm thinking you are burning way more than you are eating. If you are working out later in the day and not hungry afterwards try increasing your breakfast. I eat anywhere from 500-700 calories in the morning. Have your Shakeology after you run and eat a sandwich with lean protien for lunch,

Just a few suggestions.

Hope that helps.

Diana