Turning 30 tomorrow...

Options
Not feeling too hot about this birthday... i said I was going to be in a healthy BMI by now but I'm still at 26.1 These last pounds are taking forever to come off it seems and it's been rough, but I'm still heading down so that's good .

Anyone else recently turn 30? I'm feeling pretty down about it. Not having friends over or anything for this birthday either makes it worse.... I think I've neglected my friendships and now it's pretty depressing when I have this big event and nobody to share it with.

Don't really know why I'm posting this, maybe someone else feels the same? Anyway move along nothing to see here :)

Replies

• tashajayne2011
    Options
    Hi Tyler. Happy Birthday for tomorrow x

I am turning 30 in December and I feel EXACTLY the same. Because I don't feel comfortable being seen out I don't go - so I have basically killed most of my friendships dead.

My best friend (and the only one I could call a true friend) won't be here as she is off to her parents for christmas and my birthday is the 22nd - which means if by some miracle my sisters or my boyfriend of 9 years (it won't happen - I organise everyone elses but they seem allergic to taking charge, I haven't had a celebrated birthday since I was 13) try to organise something everywhere will be booked up for xmas parties and the like.

I hate my birthday every year - it brings out the brat in me!! I always end up feeling really melancholy about it. You are not alone x Anyways, we'll all be here :)
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday for tomorrow - and don't get to down on yourself!!

You have started making changes - and now you have the opportunity to use this year to get back the things that is important to you - health - fitness - friends......and next October you will hopefully be in a really happy place :-)

I celebrated my 50th last October still severely overweight (obese), and am really looking forward to my 51st on the 25th, to celebrate how far I have come in this past year - for which I am really thankfull....
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!

I struggled with thirty. But 33 is awesome! The thirties have been the best time in my life! They will be yours too!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! I have to confess I found 30 pretty traumatic and ended up in tears! It passed pretty soon, though, and 40 was one of my best birthday's ever!

Also call all your old friends now or post an invite on Facebook - I bet even though you haven't talked for ages they'd love to see you.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi, you are doing so well as you are nearly at you goal weight. I turned 30 in May. Keep going and enjoy your birthday xxxx
  • Tyler477
    Tyler477 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    tashajayne2011-

Thanks for the kind words, yeah it's weird like I'm not going to throw a party for myself. hiding from birthdays easier than being let down when the party turns out badly. I hope you have a good one in December, that must be rough because people are all so busy with x-mas.

Elleinnz-

Yeah this year has been an eye opener for me, I hope next year I will have it turned around. Congrats on your amazing progress!
    I try not to be down on myself and usually I'm in a good mood but when birthdays roll around I get pissy and depressed.

AwesomeJobe-

I surely hope I end up loving my 30's! my 20's were kind of a blur haha I'm much more responsible now though ;)

thanks for the instant support you guys this place has been incredible support for me.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I turned 30 over a year ago - and gosh was it stressful.

Also I was not on MFP then and I was about 20lbs heavier.

I bit the bullet though and arranged a big party in a bar with a converted conservatory as I realised that I was going to turn 30 regardless of whether I celebrated or it or not....

It turned out to be a good night - and being 30 actually wasn't all that bad.

You may as well enjoy yourself OP - happy Birthday for tomorrow

xxxxx
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Ill be 30 on 24th December but I did hit my first goal but still a long run for what I really want to accomplish.
    Everyone will be away but at least ill have my fiancee with me :).
    Yet still feel really weird about that magic number 30...
    Anyhow Happy Birthday tomorrow :)
  • Tyler477
    Tyler477 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! I have to confess I found 30 pretty traumatic and ended up in tears! It passed pretty soon, though, and 40 was one of my best birthday's ever!

Also call all your old friends now or post an invite on Facebook - I bet even though you haven't talked for ages they'd love to see you.

yeah 30 is like a slap in the face! I don;t feel successful in anything, even though I;m doing fine really.

I feel like a tool calling people on my birthday doesn;t that seem desperate? Thanks for bday wishes, I'm glad 40 is better than this :/
    Hi, you are doing so well as you are nearly at you goal weight. I turned 30 in May. Keep going and enjoy your birthday xxxx

yeah I should be happy about my progress but I just don't. I'll do my best to enjoy it but I doubt it will be possible

I turned 30 over a year ago - and gosh was it stressful.

Also I was not on MFP then and I was about 20lbs heavier.

I bit the bullet though and arranged a big party in a bar with a converted conservatory as I realised that I was going to turn 30 regardless of whether I celebrated or it or not....

It turned out to be a good night - and being 30 actually wasn't all that bad.

You may as well enjoy yourself OP - happy Birthday for tomorrow

xxxxx

Maybe I should have planned a party, but I never thought it would be right to plan a party for myself do people do that a lot?? I'm clueless.

Ill be 30 on 24th December but I did hit my first goal but still a long run for what I really want to accomplish.
    Everyone will be away but at least ill have my fiancee with me :).
    Yet still feel really weird about that magic number 30...
    Anyhow Happy Birthday tomorrow :)

yeah another december birthday must be rough! thanks for the bday wishes
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Seriously, if I didn't plan birthday celebrations for myself I'd never have had one! It doesn't have to me a party, just say "I'm having drinks at so-and-so pub for my birthday". Chances are people may have forgotten the date, but after a reminder they'd be delighted to show up!
  • Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Me on Friday, and I promised myself I wouldn't fat by then, but I still am :( Ive made progress, but I should have been well and truly at goal now. Its taken me 17 months to lose 14 kg (ive gained a bit and lost it a few times during this time)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 today!

Feeling pretty good about it - I know I'm fitter than I've been in years, and my bmi is bang on 25. Still a few pounds I'd like to shift, but I know that at this stage they're not easily shed.

Enjoy your milestone birthday!
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Turning 30 kinda scared me too! Just turned it last December. It ended up being a good thing because it gave me a kick in the pants to start looking after myself properly and now look where I am!! Almost a year on and I weigh less and look better than I did at 15!!!

It's just a number. You're only as old as you feel =)

Ps. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Celebrate it! You only turn 30 once :wink:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Thirty is a milestone, jump in, take charge and plan a celebration, even if it is a small one! It is a good opportunity to mark this change in your life. Your next decade as fit and healthy! You are close enough to your goal to combine celebrating your success (the last 10 takes forever it seems). Whether it is with one or fifty people, you will be glad you did. PS: Send your mom and dad a thank you card for your birthday! Congratulations on your success. For me, 60 was the toughest one - faced mortality, losing a brother, daughter and friend to cancer all within 2 months of my birthday. But, made it through and doing fine. YOU WILL TOO!!!
  • noswal911
    Options
    Hang in there! Most people don't have it all figured out by 30, there is still plenty of time: www.wheniwas30.com