NSV - OMG - I RAN!

Options
Guinivere
Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
Okay not a big deal for those of you who are familiar with running but I haven't run anywhere since I was about 16 - That's 22 years ago!!

I ran today, I started off with a pacey 4mph walk, started jogging at 6mph just to see if I could which was a bit of a nice surprise, then I thought "why not?" and bumped it up to 8mph, I nearly fell off the treadmill but maintained that run for a full 60 seconds. My heart was leaping out of my chest!

But I was smiling! :-)

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!!:flowerforyou: I bet you can go even longer next time! :)
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Awesome feeling!!! Congrats!!!
  • bs1981
    bs1981 Posts: 36
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    exhilarating!!!! isnt it?? When you try something new and you CAN do it!! GOOD FOR you!! I dare you not to get hooked on running LOL!
  • elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good for you, I'm smiling too, just reading your post :)
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Great work!!! I know the feeling. Felt it this summer after about the same length of time without it just like you.
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    True words spoken of someone who is about to become a 'runner!' I know those words and certainly that feeling....be careful, its quite addictive:)
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Isn't it great? Good job!!!!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    that is one huge step, I suggest the c25k and you'll be running a 5k in no time, I was so thrilled when I did mine, I know the feeling!!!!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! It's an amazing feeling when you realize you CAN do something!
  • TabbyJustice
    TabbyJustice Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I really have always wanted to run and haven't really been "getting my feet warm" yet. It's such an inspiration that you posted this. It's fun to see what we can do and what we can accomplish. Awesome job and keep it up!
  • nursekj
    nursekj Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! most of us work out at gym but don't realise our fitness till we go for a run. Iam no runner but managed 5mile on Monday. This was from weeks of run walk run excercise so just try that around the block and you might surprise yourself :-)
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Great job and it made me chuckle a little, at myself. I don't run and have an urge to all of the sudden..All I saw in my head was ME almost falling off the treadmill you were running on..LOL. Awesome work, next time push for 65 seconds.
  • PamelaLavender
    PamelaLavender Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Way To Go.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!