HELP

Options
I need help. I don't have any willpower whatsoever and I need to lose about 30 pounds!!! I do walk our dog almost every night but am having problems with snacking. I can eat snack afer snack in a matter of minutes. It seems like nothing satisfies me from sweet to salty.

Replies

• ManderG03
    ManderG03 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS! MFP IS AN AWESOME WAY TO HELP! IT HAS BECOME MY LIFELINE! FEEL FREE TO ADD ME. I'M A GREAT ENCOURAGER!! GOOD LUCK!
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    No matter what anyone here says, you can't lose weight unless you find a way to unlock the willpower that is within you. Don't say you haven't got it - everybody has it.

To begin with, put those snacks beyond your reach - don't buy them! Snack on fruit and vegetables, and make sure you drink plenty of water because sometimes what you think is hunger is actually thirst.
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    When you are done with your last meal or small snack if you do that in the evening> Brush your teeth.. Sometimes not wanting to eat and lose that just brushed feeling will help..
  • elimay59
    elimay59 Posts: 471
    Options
    I have that problem too !!!!! There are two challenges in my posts that might be just what you need one is no late night snacking and you keep track how many times you are succssesful and unsuccssesful....... The other one is oct. challenge you make your own goals and check in every day. I really do better when I am challenged . Hope that helps :flowerforyou:
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Ok, it's not just willpower. Log everything you eat for a few days and you may find some trigger foods. Also logging helps you to be more mindful about what you are eating. I found after cutting out sugary foods I just didn't want them any more. Something about eating sugar makes me want more. Instead of refined sugar I eat fruit, dried fruit and sometimes yogurt instead. I have also reduced my refined carbs because they make me crave sugar too. Feel free to look at my diary if you want some ideas.
  • Michellekujawa
    Options
    Definitely don't buy unhealthy snacks! I have kids and they don't get them either! I have the same problem. I buy cheese chunks, almonds, and cut up fruit and veggies. Then I put them in SNACK size baggies. It's takes a little time, but easy when you have an urge to just grab a baggie and get out of the kitchen! Good luck! DON'T GIVE UP!
  • geraldm55
    geraldm55 Posts: 130
    Options
    Every journey is started by a single step and you've just taken that step. MFP is full of wonderful people that will encourage you and hopefully hold you accountable. Our Lord has placed at your disposal everything you need to make it work.

The only thing missing is you making the commitment, we can't force you to eat right or to exercise only you can do that. It takes about 21 days to form a habit and if you will commit to doing what you need to for 21 days you will see the results and will than be able to continue on, even further with the support you will get from the people here.

We believe in you, He believes in you...............do you believe in you?

If you'd like I'd be honored to be one of your mfp friends please feel free to add me.