Any good recipes for a Turkey Burger?

Options
I'm having friends over for dinner on Saturday and 2 of us are on MFP and are counting our calories. I decided to make Turkey Burgers for us while everyone else will have regular burgers. However, I have NEVER had a turkey burger and have never made one.

HELP!!!!!!

Replies

• Truliesaphfire
    Options
    I'm having friends over for dinner on Saturday and 2 of us are on MFP and are counting our calories. I decided to make Turkey Burgers for us while everyone else will have regular burgers. However, I have NEVER had a turkey burger and have never made one.

HELP!!!!!!
  • Cerabell18
    Cerabell18 Posts: 124
    Options
    I like to use peppercorn steak seasoning when making turkey burgers. It makes them delicious!
  • rebcolorado
    Options
    I usually just sprinkle them with Lowry's seasoning - I made them the other night and they were delicious!
  • strangesangria
    strangesangria Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I made mine with Worcestershire sauce and put some onions and spinach in a food processor and mixed that in----with a small amount of bread crumbs. And then stuffed mine with 1/2 of a laughing cow garlic and herb cheese wedge (only 35 calories a piece) Those were pretty good :tongue:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    give the turkey to the dog
    get real meat
    grill it

turkey is way way way over rated...unless you shoot it yourself it is so filled with chemicals to speed growth it is scary
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    I make them alllll the time! They are so good, here's what you do....

chop finely and Saute a med to large onion and season with salt and pepper. Combine the onion in with the ground turkey and add a couple dashes of worshishire sauce and season with salt and pepper. mix it all together and form into patties. I cook mine on the stove but you can use a grill if you want. I would serve it with lots of fresh lettuce, sliced tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion, pickels etc. I also use low sugar ketchup and mustard. I also use WW whole wheat buns!

hope this helps! It's so good!
  • shababy
    shababy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers are one of my favs! I take a 4 oz. serving of meat and add onion, green and red peppers (stuff the burgers with the veggies) and season them with seasoned salt and red pepper. Yummy! Good luck! :smile:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    give the turkey to the dog
    get real meat
    grill it

turkey is way way way over rated...unless you shoot it yourself it is so filled with chemicals to speed growth it is scary

that's pretty much true with everything. if you go organic or all natural fed puoltry or beef, you still have to be careful with what's in the ground or meal or feed or milk!!!!!
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've got a recipe (WW) for a Monteray Jack Turkey Burger, and everyone LOVES it, let me know if you want it.
  • katiegrace318
    Options
    Personally, I use a little lemon pepper and Emril's Turkey seasoning. On top of the burger I like to grill up some zucchini on top of it (just a personal taste thing).

Good luck!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I've got a recipe (WW) for a Monteray Jack Turkey Burger, and everyone LOVES it, let me know if you want it.

Oh if she doesn't i do!
    I am STILL trying to find a decent turkey burger.
    joanna posted one a while back I am waiting to try still.

We are beef kind of people for the most part.
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i dont know if they are better for you or not but I know I have replaced turkey with almost all my beef recipes and it helped me lose 50 lbs.
  • Truliesaphfire
    Options
    yes! please! must....have....recipe!!! :laugh:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Well, I pretty much do the same with ground turkey, ground chicken or 93/7 lean ground sirloin.

4 oz of meat (usually two of us so 8 oz)
    1 tsp dry onion soup mix
    1/4 cup no salt added canned spinach
    1 tblsp of chopped onion, pepper and jalapeno (each)
    3 mushrooms chopped small
    1 tblsp egg beaters
    1/4 cup of quaker oatmeal (dry)
    no salt seasoning
    1 tsp of worstershire
    1 tsp huy fong chili garlic sauce

I cook in a non-stick pan sprayed with Pam and use a dutch oven lid to cover to ensure cooking entirely through on med-low heat for 15-25 minutes. I put on a Arnolds sandwich thin (100 cals) and a laughing cow swiss cheese wedge. BF has never liked ground anything besides beef and all have went over well. Good luck!