Snacks

Options
What snacks can I eat that are "free"... I am starving, but my meals today are taking up all of my calories, etc. UGH. I guess I could eat paper... JK

Replies

• smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Celery, radishes, bell pepper strips. Things like that are pretty close to free.
  • CuteEllais
    CuteEllais Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't think anything is "free" here, but I can tell you that the apple I just ate will be gone with about 3 office dance parties (15 min)
  • jenfactor
    jenfactor Posts: 124
    Options
    nothing is free... but you could try something high in fiber to tide you over... like some raw veggies and a glass of water would be pretty low in cals. Or have a piece of cheese with that for about 100. You don't seem to have your diary public, but are you too low on your daily cals goal? I find that anything under 1300 isn't possible for me to stick with anyway and then I just keep eating once I "break free"...
  • tbrewst
    tbrewst Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I eat those emerald raw almonds, 100 cal packs...low carbs. I also stock those Jello sugar free 60 calorie puddings. It's not raw carrots but it's better than a candy bar! I also like those mini bags of OR 94% FF popcorn.... You could also try those weight watcher string cheese and low fat canadian bacon....I could just snack myself to death!
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Carrots and celery. Not a lot of flavor, but will put something in your belly.
  • ms78
    ms78 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sounds dull but drink a lot of water - it makes me feel fuller. If you want a bit of flavour try green tea, or even regular tea with a splash of skimmed milk. I try to make sure my meals are under my calorie limit so I can afford to eat a snack or 2 if I need.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Why not plan a little workout to allow yourself enough calories for a snack?
  • smashatoms
    smashatoms Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    An apple or nuts really seems to do the trick for me.
    Not really free, but they aren't unhealthy snacks. If you're hungry, EAT.
    Listen to your body is my motto.
    I only tell mine to shut up when it tells me it needs pizza.
    :laugh:
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    5 calorie extra gum and water. As close to free as I can think of.
  • ammbbbeeeerrrrr
    Options
    I've been eating a small apple everyday (60 calories) for my afternoon snack and it's been keeping me full until I cook supper. Nothing is really free with food. lol
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    If you're starving your body may be trying to tell you it needs some more fuel. If you're really hungry you should eat, try having something small and healthy. It's better to go over a bit than leave yourself starving, which could lead to bad food choices later.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Nothing is "free", everything has calories. But, fresh, raw vegetables are very low in calories. Make sure your daily calorie goal isn't too low and always eat your exercise calories. Also, make as much of your food from scratch, limit processed and prepackaged foods that are higher in calories, sodium, sugar and fat. Making food yourself means you can control everything that goes into your meals and it leaves you with more freedom in your calories.
  • danabrown68
    Options
    Thank you all!! I had an apple and some water. I feel better now!! I just started today and I planned my meals last week. So, I will just have to suffer a bit this week and plan better next week...

How do I share my calorie thing???
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Big mug of green tea and a wedge of laughing cow cheese is my snack.