you're supposed to weigh the least in the AM...

Options
right? why do i ALWAYS weight 2-5 pounds LESS AFTER i have lunch, then what I do in the morning before ever eating anything? I never know what number im supposed to log! The lowest? or first thing in the mornings?

Replies

• lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    pick whichever one you feel comfortable with- and then be consistent. If you like your pm number best, always weigh in the pm... don't switch back & forth for the "best" number. Be honest. (I know!!!! It sucks!)
  • ShmiSkywalker
    ShmiSkywalker Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters which number you use as long as you weigh in at the same time of day each time. That will give you the most consistent results.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I always weigh less in the afternoon too... weird haha.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    that's really weird BUT like the person above said you choose what time you want to weigh and just weigh then every day.
  • lildoggielover
    lildoggielover Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I weigh less in the morning and my husband weighs less in the evening. You should weight at the same time each week.
  • TMcBooty
    Options
    are you using the same scale each time? are you, well, evacuating before lunch as well? these are all things to take into account...

good questions!
  • EMc4452
    EMc4452 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I think people just weigh themselves in the morning because you have the greatest chance of having the same enviornment and factors present at each weigh in. This ensures a more accurate reading of losses or gains next time you weigh.
  • lisy28
    lisy28 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    did you poop after lunch :o)
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Aas everyone said stay consistent and wiegh yuorself around the sme time. I know I weigh less i the morning because I'm slightly dehydrated.
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Poop weight?
  • Mommyof3CrazyBoys
    Mommyof3CrazyBoys Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I always weigh less in the morning. I weigh myself at the same time every week which is right when I wake up. For me that is the most accurate way to see how much weight I am losing.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I always weight 1-2 lbs less a few hours after I wake up than when I first get out of bed.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Just pick the time you like (I'd pick when I weighed less), then weigh at the same time every time, using the same scale.
  • TMcBooty
    Options
    I always weight 1-2 lbs less a few hours after I wake up than when I first get out of bed.

cute picture! my daughter loves cookie monster!!
  • amberrrogers
    Options
    I get up in the morning, go potty and then I weigh in. But I always weigh at the same time every time I weigh in.
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    While this is theoretically true, I know that I am always retaining some water in the morning. I can test this by how my rings feel on my hand. I too have to wait awhile until I weigh in. Carbohydrates cause our muscles to store some water. If I have a heavier carb day the day before I tend to retain more. If I excercise in the morning I will lose that water fast and it makes a difference. If I excercise at night I am also retaining less water in the morning. The moral of the story is being mindful of what your body is telling you and try to understand it. I always record my lowest weight because if I didnt really weigh it, it wouldnt register. I can't say the same with a higher number because it can be caused by hormones and water. And at that TOM, forget it. It's best to wait until 3 days after the last day and then weigh in when the hormones have settled and the bloat has had a chance to go.