Judging Others

Options
Hi all! I want to touch base on a topic that everyone should be familiar with very well. And that is of course, judging people. Yeah say it all you want. Say how you don't discriminate and what not but you know the second you find someone unattractive walking down the street you say (or think) something. I am not here to bash anyone or deny the fact that I judge others. I am here to explain to people that this isn't a random walking down the street occasion. This isn't a "I saw a fat girl at McDonald's" thing. This is a website made specifically for people trying to lose weight or just become or remain healthy. If you are on here posting things along the lines of complaining someones fat OR even complaining someones trashy because they have pictures up showing how proud they are of their new body, then you should delete your account. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY THEN DON"T SAY ANYTHING.. Very kindergarten yes..? But seems like people don't understand.

That is all. :)

Replies

• JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    ill drink to that :drinker:
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I never understood the thrill people seem to get from doing as you explain, it is childish.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    ^THIS^
  • kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    Options
    Trolls. I hate them!
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • speedyme
    speedyme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well said! I recently started noticing some comments other's have posted when responding to someone looking for help. I'm disgusted by it and hope that this site is being monitored and delete either the comment or the individual posting the comment.
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    MFP needs a like button ... with you all the way on that one :bigsmile:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Today must be the day for lectures...
    :flowerforyou:
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    ^THIS^

DITTO!
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Well said! I recently started noticing some comments other's have posted when responding to someone looking for help. I'm disgusted by it and hope that this site is being monitored and delete either the comment or the individual posting the comment.

I couldn't agree more, MODS where are you on that?
  • ncole3
    ncole3 Posts: 164
    Options
    IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY THEN DON"T SAY ANYTHING.. Very kindergarten yes..? But seems like people don't understand.

Touche!:drinker:
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options

Well, do you report the comments you find offensive? If you don't report them, the mods won't necessarily know about them.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options

I couldn't agree more, MODS where are you on that?

The mods respond when people report the comments in question.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I, personally, feel the need to make fun of people who make fun of others based on the way they look. Usually those people (haters) do not have the intellect to come up with anything other than appearance-based comments.
  • chocolatefairey
    Options
    Hi all! I want to touch base on a topic that everyone should be familiar with very well. And that is of course, judging people. Yeah say it all you want. Say how you don't discriminate and what not but you know the second you find someone unattractive walking down the street you say (or think) something. I am not here to bash anyone or deny the fact that I judge others. I am here to explain to people that this isn't a random walking down the street occasion. This isn't a "I saw a fat girl at McDonald's" thing. This is a website made specifically for people trying to lose weight or just become or remain healthy. If you are on here posting things along the lines of complaining someones fat OR even complaining someones trashy because they have pictures up showing how proud they are of their new body, then you should delete your account. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY THEN DON"T SAY ANYTHING.. Very kindergarten yes..? But seems like people don't understand.

Amen to that! :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    I am so glad someone finally spoke up on this. . . . oh, yeah, I just read 20 other threads just like this.

By starting this thread, you are judging.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    BRILLIANT_Is_this_the_best_snack_ever-s1024x768-78586-580.jpg
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I agree, no need for bashing. However, some folks do complain over and over about the same thing, and some of us will call them out on it. It is called support. There is a difference. I personally have found most folks on this site extremely supportive, either by cheering me on or calling me out when I need it. And yep, I am one who posts pictures of the new me a lot! Some of us should do it more often!
  • Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I agree!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Judging others is rude in real life.

It's forbidden in MFP.