I need advice!

Options
So tomorrow night, I am going to the Air force Football game. Our tickets include all you can eat BB@ and all you can drink beer. Should I eat before I go and be firm in not having anything there? Or should I try to guestimate how much a serving will be and log it as my dinner. I am going to a Turbo Kickboxing class tonight and a Body Pump class tomorrow morning. Friday I have plans to take another class at the gym called Mind and Body Boot camp. So I am planning on 3 hours of intense exercise over the next three days. ALSO, I am attending my friend's happy hour on Friday night. She does this thing quarterly where she makes a fancy "happy hour" with tons of appetizers and drinks. Then she has a main meal. She makes this huge production over everything. So I know there is going to be a ton of gourmetish food and pressure to eat it. How do I handle this stuff? If I were to choose, I would rather eat the food at the happy hour than the BBQ at the football game. What to do! What to do!

Replies

• beckie4442
    Options
    I'd eat your friends food... but if you keep your portion at the bbq small and load up with salad don't go back for second helpings and forego the beer you should be alright. Just eat really healthy over the next few days........:happy:
  • JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I agree with Beckie4442, have a little just dont overdo it, be conscious of what you are eating and drinking and try to stay within your calories still...
  • inertiadriftsc
    Options
    indeed load up on the healthier sides and minimize things like dressing and eat a small amount of BBQ. Definitely eat your friends food. I usually try to make sure im fully hydrated before doing anything like that because then I eat less. A couple of cheat days aren't going to kill you, enjoy yourself and try to not worry too much about food other than to keep it reasonable. Good Luck!
  • iwanttochangemylife
    Options
    I am having kind of the same problem.. party tomorrow night with lots of food/drinks. I am planning on doing well during the day and leaving calories for Drinks.. In your case I would do either tomo or Friday, and enjoy it. Not both though, whichever one sounds better to you. :)
  • Buddie616
    Buddie616 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    On occasions like this I usually eat smaller portions. I allow myself a cheat day but hardly ever go over on those days!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. I just had 1,950 calories for lunch. I'm obviously in no position to give advice.
  • tskaay
    tskaay Posts: 8
    Options
    You'll be great. I actually bring a measuring cup with me and discreetly measure my portion. It allows me to join in with friends, but also to be careful for myself.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Well I have gotten to the point that if I had not had a complete cheat day in over 2 months I eat as much and drink as much as I wish without counting. Now I am not saying this is ok all of the time I go back to my statement if its been 2 months! Good Luck on any decision you make!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I say just be sensible when you get there, eat slowly and if you can take small bites and talk lots! :) Drink lots of low calorie fluids to fill you up!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Your working out a ton...just watch what you eat prior to the events..and enjoy! The next day after, tear it up at the gym and go back to eating prior to the events... you'll be fine..Don't stress..holidays are coming..celebrations are coming..things are bound to happen, lol, this is suppose to be a way of life..not a way of torture...Don't go to the point of making yourself sick..but till you feel satisfied..that's all..:wink:
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I think you should be able to do both.Just eat sensibly. Try to eat really slow,and drink lots of water. If I know I am going out I take my own salad dressing (Light of course) It comes in packets ,and you can keep it right in your purse or pocket.Then when these two days are over go back to your normal eatting.We need to ask ourselves "How bad do I want to loose this weight??"It is a struggle sometimes,but I know you can do it.
    Good luck and Have Fun
  • sallyv22
    Options
    I would "sample" a few things at the BBQ, and at the dinner.... but on days I know Im going to be drinking.. I do the opposite of what is healthy, and try to same most of my calories for booze. We do need cheat days, and special occasions, and such. And, its not as if the BBQ and your friends Happy Hour are every week.... I think of it as spending money. Sometimes, after working so hard, we need to have something to show for it, and Splurge on ourselves. IMHO....