Diet Devotion - Feb. 29

Options
1 Peter 2:21, 24
. . .because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps. . .Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness. . .

It is good for us to remember, as we sit feeling sorry for ourselves because we may not indulge in tasty pleasures, that our sacrifice is not really so great when we compare it to the many sacrifices Christ made. What we are doing is indeed a sacrifice, but for self rather than for others. Christ sacrificed for us in order that we might enjoy life to the fullest. Let us learn from the sacrifice of Christ and remember that He has given us the power to overcome any temptation that might present itself.

Today's thought: Christ has conquered temptation and will be with me!

Replies

• PammyB3130
    Options
    1 Peter 2:21, 24
    . . .because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps. . .Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness. . .

It is good for us to remember, as we sit feeling sorry for ourselves because we may not indulge in tasty pleasures, that our sacrifice is not really so great when we compare it to the many sacrifices Christ made. What we are doing is indeed a sacrifice, but for self rather than for others. Christ sacrificed for us in order that we might enjoy life to the fullest. Let us learn from the sacrifice of Christ and remember that He has given us the power to overcome any temptation that might present itself.

Today's thought: Christ has conquered temptation and will be with me!
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that! :smile:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Our plight seems so small in comparison to what He has done. Thanks Pam.:smile:
  • babyhippo
    Options
    Amen.
  • Clara
    Clara Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    hey! i was just thinking yesterday that i am starting to understand "treating your body as a temple!"
  • buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    Amen sister!! That was a good post!
  • tschaedel79
    Options
    Thanks for that post. Do you do those everday? I read the bible every (almost every) morning with my partner. We are trying to read the bible in a year. It puts me in the right frame of mind for the day. I find if I skip reading in the morning.. I am off track all day.
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Thank you :smile: great message to remember.:drinker: