Best chip to eat??

Options

Replies

• sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat any chips, otherwise I will go crazy piggy on them. If I want crunch, I eat a few nuts.
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I gave up chips altogether. They are addicting and just too high in cabs even if you get the baked ones. I can't eat just a few, so what's the point. I think that all picking food is just suicide for us. If you can take a small measured portion and stop at that, I am really impressed. I'm better to snack on air popped popcorn, you can get more mileage out of the less calories.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I love pop chips-- here is their website. I can always fit them in calorie-wise.

http://www.popchips.com/

I second pop chips... very good.
  • lahina99
    lahina99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also enjoy pop chips but I would recommend Glenny's soy crisps. They're high in protein and delicious. A whole bag has 140 calories and they have a variety of flavors including ranch, bbq, cheese, salt and pepper, apple cinnamon and caramel.
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I like nori -I have some prepackaged at 10 calories a pack for 10 pieces in the pack...they are teriyaki flavored and really good. Plus, if you do splurge and eat the whole bag, it's still 100 calories or less!!!! I got them from Whole Foods...
  • Daneece
    Daneece Posts: 16
    Options
    I have heard from a dr to check your labels because most everything that says low fat or reduced fat increases your chance of colon cancer by 50%! Its because the "fillers" they use change the natural chemicals in your body. But pop chips are great even though I can't have them yet also look at all the organic brands and try different ones that strike your interest.
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Baked Kettle chips! They LOOK like a real potato chip not a formed fake shape. They are slices of potatoes! The bbq flavor is my favorite and a serving size is 20 chips. 120 cals, 3g total fat!

http://www.kettlebrand.com/site/files/Baked Hickory Honey BBQ3.pdf
  • toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Late July organic sea salt multi-grain chips. 13 chips = 120 cals & they're good. =)
  • eviltwinkie
    Options
    Pop chips, Trader Joes Salt and Pepper Rice Crisps (sturdy enough for a hummus or cheese and about 38 crackers in a serving), snikkidy (sp?) corn and potato 'fries', trader joes 'lentil curls' (can't remember the real name, but they're twisty curls made with lentils, in the chip section).

I really like the salt and pepper rice crisps right now.

Oh, and as always, using a thin mandolin slicer to make your own. I need to try it with sweet potato some time. I've never made any to 'save' though - it's always been 'make and eat' on the homemade chips.
  • jaygee2772
    Options
    special K cracker chips are 30 chips for 110 calories....they come in sour cream and onion or sea salt
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    POP POP POP POP POP chips. Yum, but the Baked Kettle are pretty darn awesome too!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I get bored really easily, so I typically rotate between PopChips, Baked Original Lays, Pringles, Smartfood White Chedder Popcorn, and Goldfish. I really like a crunch with my lunch.
    To keep them from adding up on my cals, I only ever have half of a serving. 60 goldfish seems like waaaay too many for me anyway, and half the recommended serving size gets me satisfied with crunch just fine.
    Taste-wise, leave me alone with a bag of salty tortilla chips and some guacamole and I will do horrible things to my calorie intake. Mmmm.
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Popchips! So delicious, especially the sour cream & onion!
  • dlbarroso
    Options
    I like Lay's Lightly Salted. They're 160 calories for 15 chips so I eat 1/2 a serving with a sandwich or when I want something crunchy and salty.

http://www.fritolay.com/our-snacks/lays-lightly-salted.html
  • krstal02
    krstal02 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    WOW thanks for the popchips tip! never heard of it but they seem interesting. I plan to order some to try
  • eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    it's not really a chip, but veggie stix? they're sooo addicting!
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Kale chips! So easy to make and super yummy!
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I like reduced fat Cape Cod potato chips. I don't go for baked chips or most veggie "chips." I know I'm not getting any nutritional benefit from a chip of any sort, so I just go with a lesser evil that still satisfies my chip craving
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You can try veggie straws (available in large bags at Sam's Club) or Snap Pea Crisps from Trader Joe's. Each serving is 1/3 bag for 120 calories. They're hard to stop eating after one serving. Rainbow Foods (may just be in MN) also has some vegetable chips they make with carrots, beans, and other veggies, which have oil, but seem to be dehydrated first.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    McCain home chips are my favourite.

Crisp wise, McCoys Bacon Sizzler! 168 cals, and worth every bite imo!