ok im lame

Options
i have a lot of things i can do exercise-wise..just in the house. hand weights (3lb, 5lb, 8lb) i have a few jillian michaels dvds, i have wii fit plus, i have resistance bands, i have a balance ball thing (tho i think its too small for me..). i have a dvd of random 30 minute exercise shows i recorded.. (yoga, belly dancing, etc)...i think at this point im overwhelmed with my choices so i havent done any of it :/
if it were you, and you had exactly what i have...what would your workouts look like each week? keeping in mind i do still struggle with 30ds level one, and every other day i walk about 3 miles just taking and picking up the kidlet from school. two more miles added on wednesday when i go to get my produce box...

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Just jump in wherever you feel comfortable! If you struggle with 30DS, do it EVERYDAY so you improve quickly. Also, since you'll be sore, walking 30 minutes afterwards REALLY helps loosen your muscles and will help with that. I say start there and once you feel comfortable moving forward, do it. Try jogging once you get better at walking or it becomes too easy. Or pop in one of those workouts and rotate them out. Variety is GREAT for exercise but don't just do a different thing everyday. Choose two or three and rotate them out. Make sure you're getting both strength training and cardio, though. Also make sure to rest your muscles at least 24 hours if you're lifting weights. 30DS doesn't require rest because it's very low weights.
  • jnanof
    jnanof Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Stick to a program. if you have the 30 day shred, do it for 30 days. Then pick something new. Thats why the predefined programs work, takes the guess work out if it. Just hit the play button every day and log your cals!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of that stuff and also have a stationary bike. I still find that the only exercise I'm doing consistently is running and walking in intervals. I'll use the bike when it's too hot during the summer and I was up too late to run but that's it. I don't really have the space or the inclination to do anything else.
  • jenblowsbubblez
    jenblowsbubblez Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    hey!!! my name is Jennifer. I will say 30 ds seems to have awesome results I did it the first time and lost 4lbs and 8 inches,, but i have seen other ppl loose 10-15lbs. Depending on your weight!! Girl!! you have the home hookup!!!! I have recently restarted 30ds and am on level one. If you want to we can start it together!! there is way more motivation when you have partners. Yes ,, you may struggle with level one,, but not everyone is as fit as her and her pals on there. We all struggle with it but its getting out there and trying and doing the absolute BEST you can!!! and it gets better and better. Also you don't have to do it in 30 days the first time I did it it took me 3 and a half months bc of injury. so take your time!! its well worth it!!!! and have a blast!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have undiagnosed adult ADD....I have two sizes of hand weights, several walk away the lbs DVDs, a few turbo jams, and a couple yoga DVDs. I pretty much do what my mood says. I probably will never do the 30DS. MY attention span isn't long enough for that. I will also do just walking some days either outside or in a store/mall. I take the stairs almost everywhere.

Then, and don't laugh, when I need to blow off some stream.....rather than cuss & fuss getting my BP up, I go dance. Even at work I go to my private dance floor without my ipod turn the music up as loud as I need to and shake my tail. It works to me.

Best of luck to you. Don't make it so hard that it becomes a chore. You'll never do it at all with that attitude!
  • jenblowsbubblez
    jenblowsbubblez Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have undiagnosed adult ADD....I have two sizes of hand weights, several walk away the lbs DVDs, a few turbo jams, and a couple yoga DVDs. I pretty much do what my mood says. I probably will never do the 30DS. MY attention span isn't long enough for that. I will also do just walking some days either outside or in a store/mall. I take the stairs almost everywhere.

Then, and don't laugh, when I need to blow off some stream.....rather than cuss & fuss getting my BP up, I go dance. Even at work I go to my private dance floor without my ipod turn the music up as loud as I need to and shake my tail. It works to me.

Best of luck to you. Don't make it so hard that it becomes a chore. You'll never do it at all with that attitude!

you said it girl!! thats very awesome of you!! good for you. :)