New To This Site

Options
I;m new to this site,and have alot of weight to lose.I was wondering do you just put down what you eat each meal and it keeps track.I didn't know if you had a specific plan that you follow each day.Could really use some tips.Thanks in advance for any help,I know I have a long road ahead,but really need to do this.:smile:

Replies

• jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    go to the goals section and have them customize it fro you. You should put down everything you eat. its makes it easier to lose if you track your food. At least for me.
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I track what I eat on the site, but I really try to plan out my meals/snacks ahead of time (usually the night before) so I don't get caught off guard and eat crap. You'll get the hang of it as you go and will get in a groove that works best for you. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • clareruth218
    clareruth218 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've found it super helpful to track everything I eat. The best part is that if I want an extra snack or morsel, I remind myself that I'll need to also add it to the food diary, and that usually convinces me not to - more because then I'll have to log back in than anything else! Welcome and feel free to add me!

~ Clare
  • unicornbeauty
    Options
    I am seeing a nutritionist so specified my goals, but I would say just let MFP do it for you if your not sure.

Def write everything down, maybe have a habit of doing it right after you eat or if you can't do that then have a time in the evening you post everything.

And get some good friends. You can post on the boards you are looking for some pals, you can invite your RL friends. But I find that most of my RL friends aren't as motivated/motivating as some I have met here online. But find some people that really give you hurrahs when you do well, who you can let know you are struggling, and who can keep you accountable.
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Mpf is a good guideline. For ME I was eating ok but then you do forget about the 1 or 2 biscuits and the odd juice you have. It takes everything into consideration so you're not left guessing. It May take a while to get used to but don't let that put you off, it will get easier. Add me, let the encouragement grow. Good luck
  • Hoffy1
    Hoffy1 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks,so basically they tell you how many calories you may eat to get you to that goal weight,but they don't tell what to eat.I was just wondering if they had a plan to follow somewhat.