I'm scared I'll fall and knock my teeth out

Options
TluvK
TluvK Posts: 733 Member
although I've never done this or even come close to doing it, I'm so scared it will happen!

I'm also scared that when I'm using the garbage disposal, a piece of metal will fly out and stab me in the eye. I don't think anything has ever flown out of my garbage disposal and reached the height of my head, but I'm still scared of it happening.

Tell me about your irrational fears!

Replies

• Biancalee76
    Options
    I'm scared of moths. I don't know why....but they scare the crap out of me!!
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm scared vodka will make me pregnant.

I swear, it's happened before.
  • Jennolli
    Jennolli Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have always been sacred of power tools namely saws. I never cut myself on one nor have I ever known anybody who was hurt on one but when I hear one turn on I freak and have to leave the room.
  • jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I couldn't even begin to tell you how many irrational fears I've had in my life. I had OCD as a kid, although I'm fine now. Those kind of weird ones go along with OCD. Like I'm afraid I will throw my small dog out the car window while we're moving. Why, who knows, I love my dog and would never ever hurt her. But it's like a fear of losing control, I guess. <lol>
  • nomnomzombie
    nomnomzombie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm super afraid of Abraham Lincoln. I mean, I realize that he was an amazing President and that we honor him with good reason, but have you ever looked at the guy? Creepy. He kind of reminds me of a the Tall Man from Phantasm. I'll still handle $5 bills and pennies though.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of moths. I don't know why....but they scare the crap out of me!!

My daughter hates moths but loves butterflies. I can't convince her to love the moths because they are ugly butterflies. :happy:

I'm afraid of being in a hotel room over about the 4th floor because I might die in a hotel fire.
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am scared of moth's as well!
  • PattiDu
    PattiDu Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of waking up one day very old and very alone.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I actually don't have any irrational fears. That, among other things, makes me one of the most uninteresting people ever invented.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Chainsaws.. I think it's rational, but other people make fun of me for it. :P
  • azellz
    azellz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also have a fear of losing control in the car and open the door while it's moving. Logically I know that I won't and even if I did it wouldn't be that bad, but I just have this image of opening the door for no reason and being thrown from the speeding vehicle. When I'm driving my hands and mind are otherwise occupied so it doesn't bother me, but when I'm a passenger in a car ride longer than about 20 minutes I need to lock the doors.
    I also have an irrational fear of cows!! They are SO CREEPY!!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options

:laugh:

I'm scared of Daddy Long Legs (also known as the crane fly). They creep me the heck out.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options

:laugh:

I'm scared of Daddy Long Legs (also known as the crane fly). They creep me the heck out.
    Ewww - me too.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I fear basically anything that flies. Like bats, or bugs or birds. I've had bats in my house so I think it's a waranted fear. I am also afraid of the dark. And heights. I love to fly, but get me 2' on a step ladder & I freak! My logic is, if I fall from say, 6 feet, I will hurt. Really bad. If I'm waaaaaay up & fall, it'll kill me, no big deal! ha haha weird...
    Oh, and I am afraid to wake up with a candle burning in the dark. My neighbors house was on fire when I was a kid & I still have nightmares of waking up to see the flames dancing on my bedroom walls.
    Geesh... I sound like I need therapy! LOL

Oh yeah, and the vodka thing... me too. Only it makes my clothes come off. It's the weirdest thing... :wink:
  • hecallsmeroses
    Options
    Im afraid of dropping weights on my face and breaking my teeth.
  • 1234terri
    1234terri Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    SPIDERS-all and any kind..but we have Black Widows out here in Albuquerque and I'm especially afraid of them!
  • Renee0608
    Renee0608 Posts: 138
    Options
    Any bug that flies scares me. So does driving fast.
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    I am irrationally afraid of my garbage disposal. Somehow...my hand is going to end up in there, and it will magically turn on. :blushing:
  • ohraspberries13
    Options
    Im scared of the garbage disposal too. I mean, how many times have you seen that in movies?! Too often!
    But otherwise I'm just scared of losing my teeth.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i have that same fear, ever since my friend fell in the mall and knocked her teeth out *I'm dead serious* o_o

My biggest irrational fear is stepping on small animals or falling on little children and killing them. I dont think this is very common, but it freaks me out. When my pigeon lived with me, he would always follow me around on the floor...it freaked me out haha...eventually he just sat on my head o_o

i also have a fear of serial killers lol...

Also, this is a bit disturbed, but whenever i see a black garbage bag anywhere i always think its a dead body inside...

i also have another fear after watching 60 minutes as a kid, and seeing something about, "ticking time bombs in your body" where a certain sound can set it off at anytime and instantly kill you *shudder*

Yeah...there is much more such as cannibalism to the extent i check to see the shape of oil in my soup etc xD