New year New you challenge

Options
Hi my name is Leah and I want to help others get to their goal by offering support on here. I have a motto to pay it forward towards making ppl healthier and a better you because I didnt receive any support thru my journey. I want to start a challenge November 1, 2011 to January 1st 2012. It can be a biggest loser stlye competition and prize incentative at the end. A new you!!! and I will offer a prize of my own too.

A lil about myself. I have dropped 82lbs in about a years time and want to help others. I have 2 childre, 4 and 10, and happily married. I had sleeping problems and also nacrolepsy prior to beginning my journey and also suffered from depression and smoked a pack a day. I went off meds cold turkey and the same with cigarettes and stopping eating out and starting working out.

Replies

• lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I would definitely like to join!!!! I am a married mom of two (7 year old and an 8 month old) and I am in the U.S. Navy. I have struggled with my weight since having my children and definitely would love to get close to my pre-pregnancy weight. I just started Chantix today to quit smoking and overall I am looking at becoming healthier for my kids and for myself. For the past couple of months my weight has been up and down, I stick with it for a few days, let myself go, get back on track.....it's a vicious cycle! But I would love to join and hopefully it will motivate me and I can help motivate others as well!
  • hollyprovince
    hollyprovince Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i wanna join too! :] i need something to keep me active & going on the right track. im 22, 265 lbs & its hard working in the fast food business w/all the temptation around me. but i know i can conquer those cravings. me & my fiance just moved into our own home & plan to start a family in a couple yrs. hope ya pick me! <3
  • leahmcdonald
    Options
    Awesome ladies!!!! I will get your stats from you and keep a chart on November 1st. I am giving away a free Insanity Fast and Furious DVD to the winner, but overall just want to see others find the love for themselves like I have. I started loving myself and I have more love for my husband and children!! I am excited for the beginning the challenge!!
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    Hi my name is Leah and I want to help others get to their goal by offering support on here. I have a motto to pay it forward towards making ppl healthier and a better you because I didnt receive any support thru my journey. I want to start a challenge November 1, 2011 to January 1st 2012. It can be a biggest loser stlye competition and prize incentative at the end. A new you!!! and I will offer a prize of my own too.

A lil about myself. I have dropped 82lbs in about a years time and want to help others. I have 2 childre, 4 and 10, and happily married. I had sleeping problems and also nacrolepsy prior to beginning my journey and also suffered from depression and smoked a pack a day. I went off meds cold turkey and the same with cigarettes and stopping eating out and starting working out.

I am totally in Leah!
    I am 45 and have had a yo-yo weight history.
    I have lost 85 pounds twice .... after the first loss I thought "I will never let myself look like that again" . . . forward 3 years . . . back to original weight plus a lil. After a few years I got the nerve to "change my life" lost 80+ pounds and kept it off until 2 years later .... my son hanged himself and over the last 2 years I have slowly put that weight back on because I use food to comfort me in times of stress and depression. So, here I am . . . found MFP sometime late summer I believe. at first I was a spurratic (sp?) member. Then for some reason the beginning of august something snapped and I have logged daily and have taken off 19 pounds. I go to the gym at least 3 if not 4 days a week and am more conscious of what I eat.
    I want to change my eating habits and food choices and stay active for life this time. I have my diary open to friends and have no problem with suggestions and comments - um sorry - blabber mouth sometimes.

Shawn Marie
  • filmfanatic29
    Options
    Can I still join??? This sounds great!

My name is Kate, I'm 20, and I am currently a junior in college. I have always been heavy but I finally opened my eyes and recognized that I need to get healthy! I have been on MFP since 9/4/11 and so far I have lost 13 pounds. This is my first attempt at losing weight. I would love to get healthy and active, something I haven't really been in the past.
  • srandle175
    Options
    Hello, I would like to join

My name is Sharon and I am a mother of two young boys 6 & 1. They keep me on my toes. I started mfp September 6 2011 and have lost 19lbs. Wow I didn't realize it was that much! I have been looking for challenges so I can hold myself accountable. The winter months are coming and I could use a new dvd to add to my collection ;)
  • lvnspoonful
    Options
    Awesome ladies!!!! I will get your stats from you and keep a chart on November 1st. I am giving away a free Insanity Fast and Furious DVD to the winner, but overall just want to see others find the love for themselves like I have. I started loving myself and I have more love for my husband and children!! I am excited for the beginning the challenge!!

I think it is super awesome that you are paying this forward and reaching out to those of us who have not reached our goals. Thank you so much! Can't wait to get started!!!
  • lvnspoonful
    Options

My name is Kate, I'm 20, and I am currently a junior in college. I have always been heavy but I finally opened my eyes and recognized that I need to get healthy! I have been on MFP since 9/4/11 and so far I have lost 13 pounds. This is my first attempt at losing weight. I would love to get healthy and active, something I haven't really been in the past.

Awesome job!!! You have lost 13 pounds since the beginning of September - that is great!!! I have been on here since I had my son in Feb and I have yo-yo'd between losing 18lbs and 20lbs....I do really good during the week, but once the weekend comes I slip up and end up gaining....uughh....
  • filmfanatic29
    Options

Awesome job!!! You have lost 13 pounds since the beginning of September - that is great!!! I have been on here since I had my son in Feb and I have yo-yo'd between losing 18lbs and 20lbs....I do really good during the week, but once the weekend comes I slip up and end up gaining....uughh....

Thank you!! I'm completely with you about the weekend; why is it always so much harder to make smart choices come the weekend?
  • sacha_1987
    sacha_1987 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Can I still join this?

I am 23 years old, and will be 24 when this finishes! I have a six year old daughter, and i'm engaged.

I piled on the pounds when I got PND following my daughters birth. I weighed 182 pounds at my largest and was a size 16 / 18. I'm now 161 pounds, and size 14 / 12, but I should be approx 133 pounds as i'm only small (5ft 3)

I'm getting married on the 27th of July 2012, so I need some motivation!!

This is my first post, and my first challenge, so heres hoping we all have success!!

Good luck everyone :happy: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • leahmcdonald
    Options
    Sorry all I wasnt near a computer all weekend and I cant see this on iphone. There are plenty of room for you all!!!
  • leahmcdonald
    Options
    Shawn,

I talk alot too!!! LOL!! I am here to help. I want to help everyone that is willing to help themselves. I believe weight "loss" is so emotional to alot of us. Here I had dropped 82 lbs and recently lost my job and have y gained back a few simply by being home all day and being too close to food all day and being down in the dumps. Sorrry about the loss of your son. But I know its hard to get comfort with food but lets think of it positive. You can count and lean on me. I need just as much support as you all too!!
  • leahmcdonald
    Options
    I am going to be friend you all. I have decided about the November 1st because I feel like its a clean start to a new start. You will need to message me your starting weight Oct 31st and I will do weekly % weight loss on my page I also have some of my FB friends paricipating also. If you face book, look me up because I have my own page Leah McDonald and also a fan page where I post recipes and fitness tips Pay It Forward / Moving Forward
  • filmfanatic29
    Options
    Sounds good!!! I'll email you Oct. 31st :)
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    Hi Leah - was just thinking, are we supposed to send our weight to youe via PM on Mondays?
  • leahmcdonald
    Options
    Yes please Shawn!!! I am going to be on here more often for more support. Last week was horible for me