Eating late at night

Options
If i am under my calories but its late at night, should I not eat if its late ?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    there is no arbitrary cut off time when eating suddenly becomes bad. so yes, it's fine to eat right up till the min you go to bed
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    doesn't matter :)

it's better to get your NET calories in for the day!!
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Myth. Doesn't matter what time you eat.

Calories in vs calories out.
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    I say if your hungry than do it but if your body isnt hungry dont eat just to hit a number. Me personally, I try not to eat past 7pm unless im hungry than ill have a healthy snack but my body gains weight when i eat so close to bed. I figured this out by monioring myself after eating late for a week and i had a huge gain vs when i dont eat past 7 so id say listen to your body :-)
  • Thaea
    Thaea Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ukranian and Russian figure skaters (and I assume gymnasts, dancers, etc) say "DON'T EAT AFTER 6 PM!"

What I do is if it's late at night and I'm under calories but not hungry, just have a snack and not a meal. (I was under calories tonight, and just had a quarter cup oatmeal with a splash of raw milk. Still under calories, but hopefully I'll get through the night without being toooo hungry.)

The problem is when you go to sleep and wake up at 3am cause your tummy is growling and you can't sleep and end up wandering around the house until sunrise trying to find stale Easter candy. So just make sure you're not going to be so hungry that you can't sleep.
  • nelson6500
    Options
    I don't eat after 8 unless I'm hungry and have not reached my calories. Reason for this at least for me is the digestive process. I sleep better and my blood sugars are lower in the mornings. I agree with the others about no cut off time. It can be a preference or one your dietician or doctor recommend.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I eat sometimes right till...I lay my head..haha...it does matter, if you go to bed hungry, its only hurting your outcome...so, best to be content, and rested from eating..then to wake up hungry and wanting in the middle of the night...So please eat...