Weighing myself too much

Options
I think I weigh myself too much. -every day. I always at least expect to see a .1 loss. I know bodies fluctuate etc, and most recommend weighing once a week but I can't help it. I would have expected atleast something to change since the 8th. I havent been doing this long, but I lost 6lbs right off the bat. I'm so much better about EVERYTHING than I used to be. I would expect at least a LITTLE somethin' somethin'. Geez.

Replies

• Thaea
    Thaea Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    DOOON'T!!!! It'll make you crazy. Water, salt, all sorts of things make the scale go up and down. When I used to weigh myself every day, if I didn't lose I'd be heartbroken. Worse, if I gained, I'd feel like giving up because I failed. Once a week is more than enough and you should see results that way :o)
  • dylanandsean
    dylanandsean Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I almost posted on the SAME topic until I saw yours. I have the same problem - I weigh myself in the morning and at night. Its the one habit i cant break which is awful b/c i watch my weight go up and down day to day and can't figure it out!!!
    How much should a body fluctuate? how many lbs? is it possible to go down 1 1/2 lbs and then the very next day go up a lb? especially when your under your calories everyday???
  • ChristinaLConway
    ChristinaLConway Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I almost posted on the SAME topic until I saw yours. I have the same problem - I weigh myself in the morning and at night. Its the one habit i cant break which is awful b/c i watch my weight go up and down day to day and can't figure it out!!!
    How much should a body fluctuate? how many lbs? is it possible to go down 1 1/2 lbs and then the very next day go up a lb? especially when your under your calories everyday???

My body fluctuates about 3lbs from morning to afternoon so I only way myself in the mornings (the lower number of course)
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself all the time, in the morning, when I go to the bathroom, but I don't worry about the number.

I officially weigh myself once a week, that is the number I pay attention to.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's really not going to do anything good. :) Think about how many ounces what you ate for breakfast was, or how many ounces would be loss in urinating before or after weigh-in. It's just silly, kwim?
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    it'll make you nuts. Although I am guilty of weighing myself too often, but still keep in mind that my weight will fluctuate like crazy. Sometimes I've seen a 2-3 lb+ at night. I don't worry about it. You'll weigh the least in the morning anyways....more at night usually
  • MrsFusion
    MrsFusion Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I too am guilty of weighing every morning...it's become habit...but, I only record the weight 1 time a week. I know I shouldn't weight everyday...I'm trying to break myself...
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i got caught up in what the scale said. i ended up putting it up for 2 weeks...i get to pull it down October17!
  • Jeparkison
    Jeparkison Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do this too! Almost the first thing I do when I get to work is jump on the scale! I need to stop but it is a bad habbit! The only days I stay away are sat and sun -- and that is when I tent to eat worse so monday morning I am always HIGH! It is very heartbreaking! I work out everyday but sunday and I just cant seem to loose anymore! UGH! Well on that note I better go walk!
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, it's kind of annoying when it's the exact same (down to the ounce!), but I like to make sure at the very least I'm not gaining, or if I am it's a very small fluctuation. This weekend I realized I had put on about 3 pounds since last week, and it may have been water weight or whatever, but I made sure that number went back down. If I weigh myself only once a week I can't keep good track. Even though I hate seeing it stay the same a lot of days.
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I use to weigh myself every day, looking for payback for being good, but after SO many disappointing day days I now step on the scale once a week and let my clothes be my guide.
  • Renee0608
    Renee0608 Posts: 138
    Options
    I'm guilty. My stupid Wii Fit doesn't register that I've used it unless I weigh in....thus my disappointment daily. I've stopped looking when I do though. One thing I have learned is to weigh myself at the same time every day--makes a big difference.
  • mallie233
    Options
    i got caught up in what the scale said. i ended up putting it up for 2 weeks...i get to pull it down October17!

Haha! This sounds like something I need to do
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh compulsively and it wasn't good for me or my motivation. I try to just do the things I know work and not weigh everyday. I know its hard. You will find something that works for you.
  • Ironyb
    Ironyb Posts: 30
    Options
    Hey I'm not an expert, but yes it is normal for your body to fluctuate in weight. Normally your body has its own fluctuation gradient. I tend to fluctuate between +- 5lbs, but everyone's body is different. When you get to know your body you will know and see when you're truly losing and gaining. Most people gain or lose 2 lbs in a given day due to your biochemistry. If your adding mass to your body through water and food you have to give your body time to transfer or transform that into other matter and energy so that's what causes different weights through the day. If you do weigh yourself everyday take an average of your morning weights for the week and evening weights and get a clearer picture of where your weight is. Also your morning weight is always going to be different from your evening weight.
  • KickinBooty
    Options
    Ugh! I used to do that, but then I got so upset when my body would fluctuate by 3-5lbs. in a day. i'm trying to weigh myself only once a week because otherwise it's total mind games, and I can't do that to myself anymore. I go up down in my water intake over the course of the week, so that affects it too. All in all it kind of sucks being a woman and weighing in because the numbers totally play with your self esteem.