80lbers??

Options
Anyone else on here that need to loose 80lbs? I know we all have specific lbs that we want to loose, but I need to loose 80 lbs to be around 150 and feel better.

How is it going??

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Anyone else on here that need to loose 80lbs? I know we all have specific lbs that we want to loose, but I need to loose 80 lbs to be around 150 and feel better.

How is it going??
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I do.......and I am slow going for the last 3-4 weeks....not any big losses and no gain...just plugging along..........

I have no great secret. U?
  • sutts
    sutts Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi there:
    I have to lose at least 80 pounds, probably 100! I really have to do it this time because my weight is starting to affect my health. How are you tackling the challenge ? I am counting calories. I am trying to stick to 1200 a day but I am really hungry. Oh, well, I will succeed!! Good luck
  • tiffers_03
    Options
    80 lbs is my overall goal. I decided to focus on losing 20 at a time, so I don't get overwhelmed.I think just paying attention to everything I'm eating is helping me plan out meals which of course is better! I've been trying to walk as much as I can, the more I walk the more I want to excercise!

Someone suggested to me eating an apple before lunch and dinner everyday, to help you feel fuller longer.
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I was/am in that category (I've lost about 24 pounds and have about 60 or 70 to go to reach my goal weight). Right now I'm just working out and eating right. I've cut down on things like pop and I'm cooking at home A LOT more than I used to and I usually only make recipes that have nutrition facts included with them...so I know exactly how many calories/fat I'm getting. I also try and workout about five times a week or so-walking briskly and uphill, cardio DVDs, etc. I lose about 2 pounds a week doing this I'm happy with my results so far but I can't wait until I reach my goal!

I'm taking my big weightloss goal and chopping it up into little ones. I'm taking it 10 pounds by 10 pounds. It seems so much more attainable to lose 10 pounds than it does to lose 80! So each time I lose 10 pounds, I go on to my next 10 pound goal!

I also let myself have one free day. I usually go out to eat with friends or family once a week. So I make that my free day. I don't completely indulge for the whole day...just one of the meals. So if I'm going out for dinner, then I eat a healthy breakfast and lunch. I try to fit in a workout as well but if I don't, then I don't let it bother me...as long as I've kept in check for the rest of the week. I've found that when I give myself one day to indulge, I'm less likely to indulge the rest of the week...and I look forward to eating out for that one day!

Good luck on your journey! :smile:
    It may seem like it takes forever to get to your goal sometimes. But remember to tell yourself that your worth it! I try and tell myself that everyday! Especially on those days that I don't want to workout or on those days that I want that giant bowl of ice cream! :happy:

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • MissesOfficer
    Options
    Yep thats about what I need to loose, and I want to weigh around 150-- guess we are in the same boat. I've lost around 10 pounds in the last month, its hard but I'm doing it. Most of my exercise is walking or aroebics and trying to stay around 1200 cals a day unless i treat myself once or twice a week I'll let myself get up to 1500 or so.

170911.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    i want to lose 82 pounds to get down to 136, the nearer i get i might readjust, not sure how 136 will look on me, ive never been that weight before :blushing:

ive lost 45 of the 82 so far, gotta stick with it! :drinker:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Ive got a bunch more to lose but its been a steady process for me...:drinker:
  • elliott062907
    Options
    I do.......and I am slow going for the last 3-4 weeks....not any big losses and no gain...just plugging along..........

I have no great secret. U?

staying on my mfp and really watching what I eat. Just not worring about it anymore, it took me 16 years to put it on and it's not gonna take a matter of days to take it back off..... I used to worry about it and lose sleep over it and obsess.

doint in in mini goals..... gonna set first goal of 47... then work on the rest
  • elliott062907
    Options
    i want to lose 82 pounds to get down to 136, the nearer i get i might readjust, not sure how 136 will look on me, ive never been that weight before :blushing:

ive lost 45 of the 82 so far, gotta stick with it! :drinker:

yes maa'm, I understand.
  • elliott062907
    Options
    Ive got a bunch more to lose but its been a steady process for me...:drinker:

woo hoo
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    my original goal was to lose 170, I have lost over 80 now, and I am close if not right on to my half way mark, but I am starting to rethink my goal weight, I am now thinking 135 not 145. so I dont know, I am right around there of the 80 lbs to go mark.... my goal is to have it gone by next march, I lose an average of 2.5 lbs per week.
  • guamchar
    guamchar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'd love to loose 80 pounds. I started at about 237, and realistically, I'd like to weigh about 157. 157 sounds high to some people, but I loved my body at that weight. I'm setting mini-goals for myself. First, I'm trying to loose 10% of 237, or about 24 pounds. I've lost 18 out of 24, so I've almost lost 10%. If I say it like that, I keep myself motivated. I picked up a bag of dog food (17.6 lbs) and I realized just how much I've lost. We can do it, we can do it, we can do it!!!
  • elliott062907
    Options
    my original goal was to lose 170, I have lost over 80 now, and I am close if not right on to my half way mark, but I am starting to rethink my goal weight, I am now thinking 135 not 145. so I dont know, I am right around there of the 80 lbs to go mark.... my goal is to have it gone by next march, I lose an average of 2.5 lbs per week.

awesome
  • elliott062907
    Options
    I'd love to loose 80 pounds. I started at about 237, and realistically, I'd like to weigh about 157. 157 sounds high to some people, but I loved my body at that weight. I'm setting mini-goals for myself. First, I'm trying to loose 10% of 237, or about 24 pounds. I've lost 18 out of 24, so I've almost lost 10%. If I say it like that, I keep myself motivated. I picked up a bag of dog food (17.6 lbs) and I realized just how much I've lost. We can do it, we can do it, we can do it!!!

take baby steps
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    I need to lose more like 130-150, but to be under 200- I need to lose about 84, which would put me just under. I'd still need to go further though... but just to be under 200 for the first time in, I don't know how long, probably seven-ish years (so that would've made me thirteen).
  • AshliColon
    AshliColon Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be around 140, which gives me about 90 lbs yet to lose. Took a bit of a break the last couple months..and managed to find 20 of the pounds previously lost. BUT, back on track now and more determined than ever!

--ash :bigsmile:
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I realistically would love to lose 80lbs that would put me around 155 or so but heck I'd even be happy to lose 60 pounds. That would put me around 175 or so. My goal is to be in a size 10/12 . I don't remember when the last time was I wore that size. I remember in 6th grade I was already wearing size 13/15 in juniors. I wear a size 18 pants now and a size 20-22 top. I have fallen wayyy off the wagon here but need to get back on! I would like to lose 10lbs by May 1st! I am going to start taking it in 10 pound incriminates too and rewarding myself after I reach those 10 lbs.