weird allergies?

Options
Mine are
Bandaid adhesive
Aloe
Sunburn (if I get burned even just a little I get flu like symptoms)
Scents in lotion
Scented laundry detergent
Perfume
Flu shot and one other medication
I am succeptible possibly to be allergic to shrimp one day, it runs in my family, but for now I enjoy it when I can

What are yours?

Replies

• DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    men
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    green vegetables (ok--not really but i've been sticking to that story since i could talk)
    latex
  • Renee0608
    Renee0608 Posts: 138
    Options
    I'm allergic to bull****.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Cantaloupe. Freaky right? It always gives me a sore throat. Turns out allergy is why.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    bandaids - ugggg I swear it's the worst.
  • nikki91950
    Options
    nickel- the type of metal, not the coin… oh, and i'm pretty sure i'm allergic to something in dish soap
  • Jelleebean
    Options
    elastoplast brand bandages.. burns my skin
    rabbits, make me sneeze, and give me hives
    garlic, get a fat lip, swollen really badly
    oatmeal, hives
    codeine, sweats and involuntary muscle spasms.

and brocolli......(not for reals, but, may as well be... i shudder, and get the icks whenever it's near my plate)
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Walnuts, pecans and pistachios.. I can eat peanuts. Also allergic to apples,watermellon,cantalope,peaches, kiwi and avacodos. codeine and pencillian.
  • Powerballz
    Powerballz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Air (hay fever style)
    Cats
    Bananas (fresh only...itchy throat)
    Walnuts (raw skin in mouth)
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    My son is allergic to cockroaches. This wouldn't be a big deal except that he's having respiratory issues and I am starting to fear that the nasty critters are secretly hiding in my walls. :sick:
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    watermelon, kiwi, most sunscreens, nickel and coedine
  • ohraspberries13
    Options
    band aids too :(
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Not me, but my husband is allergic to poultry. Makes cooking healthy foods a little more challenging.
  • Jean410
    Jean410 Posts: 104
    Options
    Walnuts, pecans and pistachios.. I can eat peanuts. Also allergic to apples,watermellon,cantalope,peaches, kiwi and avacodos. codeine and pencillian.

I think we're distant relatives!! I share the same except peaches, kiwi, and the meds!!!
    I'm also allergic to raw carrots, eggplant, squash, latex and bananas.
    Bizzarre!
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    Just band aid adhesive.
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    nickel- the type of metal, not the coin… oh, and i'm pretty sure i'm allergic to something in dish soap

Awhile ago, I thought I was allergic to dish soap too. My husband thought this was a convenient excuse to not wash dishes :). But it turns out it was the hot water I was reacting to. It happens when exercising too. (Cholinergic urticaria--oversensitivity to increased body heat.) Fortunately, regular exercise decreases outbreaks, so I haven't had problems with it in over a year.

I'm also allergic to any type of melon, strawberries, bananas. Only happened after I had my first child when the nurses gave me a huge bowl of melon and my throat almost swelled shut. That was scary!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I allergic to a few things, but some people say my weird allergy is to Herbal Essence Shampoo.
  • Fatchickslim
    Fatchickslim Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hair bleach! after years of being a bottle blonde I developed an allergy that sent me from the hairdressers to ER.
    I found one now that doesn't react if I don't put it on my scalp so I can still be a bit blonde!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add sunny delight. Makes my gums feel itchy and my tongue swells up.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    aluminum.