NSV - I went from tired to tough

Options
I started Level 1 of 30 DS on Sunday and swore I would stick with it everyday for 30 days straight. I am definitely known for not sticking with any exercise program for very long.

Fast forward...

I never fell asleep until midnight and woke up at 4 o'clock this morning. I was extremely tired all day and I was practically falling asleep at my desk at work. After work, I came home and decided to skip a day of 30 DS because I was so tired. I kept telling myself that it won't hurt to miss a day, I will just proceed again tomorrow. I plopped myself down on my couch with my laptop and came on this site and started reading the success stories. Meanwhile, I repeatedly asked myself, "Do I workout or not?" Finally, at 9:30 pm, I jumped off of the couch, put the DVD in and went at it.

The point is, I was using my tiredness as an excuse not to workout. I have to stop making excuses and just do it. What motivated me the most was reading all of the success stories and seeing lots of people posting their before and after pics. I toughed it out tonight and I am glad I did because I probably would have been regretting it in the morning.

Replies

• myurav
    myurav Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    that is fantastic!

i went through a similar thing today, and it always feels better just to do it! it's hard to come up with an excuse when it's a workout in your house that's only half an hour, hahahaha.

nice job!
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Great job! I, too, often find myself giving excuses to not work out because I am too 'tired' or 'don't have the time'. Crazy thing is--once I work out, I am less tired! After I muster up the energy to actually start my workout, I find I feel so much better afterwards! I also think 30 Day Shred is the greatest workout dvd!!! Great job on staying motivated. You can do this!
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    nice job
  • keddabee
    Options
    Well done! Go you!!!

I fell over this morning and smashed up my knee and rolled my ankle but im determined to still do my work out in the morning but maybe not go so hard :) Something is better than nothing they say!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!