Hot Yoga lovers, get in here :)

Options
So I got a Living Social deal (AWESOME YAY!) for a hot yoga studio. I have always loved yoga, Ashtanga, Iyengar, Hatha, whatever. I I love feeling strong and stable and flexi :) BUT I also like going to yoga to get centered in my MIND too, to let go of the world and my day and be in the moment. Well, since I started hot yoga, I have been getting that EVERY time, instead of my usual "more traditional" classes where I have to fight off the thoughts always in my head. In hot yoga Im SWEATING (pouring sweat yay!) and confidant (hello sports bra and short shorts??) there are other YOUNG people around me, the energy is high and the calorie burn is sweet. I think Im an addict.
So what do YOU love about hot yoga??

Replies

• c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Bumpity...no one? maybe this is not a country-wide discovery yet :)
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I love hot yoga as well! :heart: I've only done it a handful of times so far (I've done a lot of yoga, but not hot yoga until recently) but I love the "high" I get from sweating so much after it. It's an awesome feeling!
  • yogavegan
    yogavegan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i love it hot... i am a full time yoga instructor, 90% of my classes are hot vinyasa power yoga classes. what i love about it is how strong i feel and how my body responds to the asanas, how open and flexible i am in the heat, and i love the sweat dripping off!
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I enjoy yoga occasionally. I really like that fact that it is so relaxing and you feel great once you are done.

I've never done "Hot Yoga" but I'd imagine it's probably like Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown.
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    ^ it feels like doing yoga in a rainforest :) and I so agree about the openess and flexibility! even after taking a pretty long yoga break, like 6 months, in the hot classes my (SUUUPER tight) quads and hip flexors are better than in my other classes. but I love both :)
  • fithealthygirl
    fithealthygirl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I bought a hot yoga pass on living social deals too and I tried it for the first time last night and I can't believe how hard it was!! I've taken a beginner's hatha yoga class before and have done yoga at home ever since, but hot yoga seriously kicked my *kitten*! I'm going to try a warm yoga class next and see how I feel afterwards.

2889826.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter