Can 30DS hinder progress at the gym??

Options
I am doing a 3x a week gym programme - mix of cardio, upper and lower body strength training.

I have also been doing the 30DS on non gym days and am wondering if this can get in the way of progress ie the muscles don't get a day off? Wondering if I should drop the shred and switch to just cardio on the off days.

Replies

• Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    If your going hard at a gym on a progam I would say drop it. Once I started working with my trainer which is once a week, usually wednesday, but she makes strength training workouts for me for Friday as well so Tuesday and Thursday I do cardio. I could do the 30DS on Monday, but I've just gotten off a 20 hours shift at work and then 3 hours of class after that and I'm exhausted so I sleep. So if your program is hardcore one hour strength training MWF I would say stop the Jillian and just do cardio, but that's just my opinion, Jillian also has a cardio component to it, but it is mostly strength and your muscles do need a rest. Maybe do it one day on the weekend.
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    You probably should have at least one day of rest. The 30DS videos and Jllian's other videos are all I need. They have transformed my body into a body I never thought I could have after two kids. It's super exciting!
  • rachdlew
    rachdlew Posts: 108
    Options
    I did both and I didnt notice a drop in my progress my trainer said it was great that I was doing it on my cardio days.
  • VemmaMom
    VemmaMom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi! Well I just happened to ask this question yesterday to one of the trainers at LTF and they said yes its perfect for the alternate days off of gym....its only 30 minutes and Id still take a day off atleast one day for muscle repair and to save burn out...good luck :wink:
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    I would say - go by the way your body feels. If you are feeling good and have good energy, then go for it. If you are feeling burned out - take a day or two of rest.
    I have been kickboxing twice a week and running 5 days a week. I feel awesome for the most part, but every once in a while I start to feel tired and lethargic. On those days I take a rest.