Zumba Home DVD Suggestions?

Options
Good morning everyone & Happy Wednesday! I apologize if this is a re-post. I've been going to the gym since 2008 and doing Zumba since then. It's actually one reason I got consistent with exercise :)

Well... I have foster kids now and getting to the gym has been HARD. So, I started working out from home. I am considering canceling my gym membership and working out from home full time, since I can't make it to the gym consistently. But I MISS ZUMBA!! I started looking into Zumba DVD's...

Question: Has anyone invested in the Zumba DVD's? If yes, which ones did you purchase? Any suggestions? I am looking to make a good investment in it, as it will be rotated into my home-exercise routine. Thank you in advance for any suggestions / feedback!!!

Replies

• Hello, I'm a Zumba instructor and I have to say there's nothing like a live class. However, affordability is also important. Zumba has a WII game if you have the system but for DVD they have Exilarate for in home use. You should check these out on Zumba.com and read the reviews from other people. Zumba is a great program!
  • anjelyc23
    anjelyc23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have the entire set. I love them! Don't do them as often as I'd really like but they're all very great. Good luck!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I have this one (http://www.amazon.com/Zumba-Fitness-Total-Transformation-System/dp/B002HZ4XMC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318428951&sr=8-1)....it was great at first, but now that I have my gym membership, it doesn't get used. I would say if you know you'll use it, it's a great workout, but if you aren't sure, a waste of money (just sitting around collecting dust; in my case, lol)
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I bought Beto's Zumba. u know the ones u see on the infomercials. It was really good. I lost a lot of weight. I lost a dress size in 2 weeks. It's a little repetitive to me but it was fun. And you get a great workout.
  • Kittens08
    Kittens08 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i bought the total body tranformation dvd's. Worth the money. I dont think they sell them on the Zumba website anymore. You can try EBAY, there are (2) 50 min work outs, a 20 min ab workout, 20 min turbo work out and about an hour body sclupt one. they are great. love them.
    i was thinking about getting the new ones myself, but not sure yet.
    good luck.
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @griveras: I know! I miss my Zumba instructors. I absolutely LOVE them! I just can’t make the classes at the times anymore due to my schedule. I’m bummed. I don’t have the Wii, but will look into the Exhilarate program.

@anjelyc23: Which Zumba set do you have?

@godroxmysox: Thank you for the suggestion! I’m going to check it out. And Congrats on your weight loss!! You look absolutely gorgeous! So motivating!

@getitamb: I’ve seen those infomercials! What great progress with losing a dress size in 2 weeks!!! Congrats!

@Kittens08: Thank you for the suggestion!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    @godroxmysox: Thank you for the suggestion! I’m going to check it out. And Congrats on your weight loss!! You look absolutely gorgeous! So motivating!

Thank you very much =)
  • anitavacation2
    Options
    I'm an instructor as well and love the Exhilarate Bundle!! Not only do you get several Zumba DVD's w/ some of the top instructors (one is from the Instructors Zumba Convention), you also get a DVD that has 30 minutes of Zumba Toning (including Toning sticks) AND the new and upcoming Sentao program which is done with a chair and is absolutely amazing!
  • patricac
    Options
    I'm an instructor as well and love the Exhilarate Bundle!! Not only do you get several Zumba DVD's w/ some of the top instructors (one is from the Instructors Zumba Convention), you also get a DVD that has 30 minutes of Zumba Toning (including Toning sticks) AND the new and upcoming Sentao program which is done with a chair and is absolutely amazing!

Thank you! That sounds like an amazing workout! I heard of the Zumba Toning, but have never done it in my gym classes, just traditional Zumba dancing. The chair part sounds fun! I think this is the way I'm going to have to go. Thanks everyone for your input :)
  • anitavacation2
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kn0Abktg6k

Here's a sneak peek at Sentao!!!
  • patricac
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kn0Abktg6k

Here's a sneak peek at Sentao!!!

Just checked this out! That looks so much fun!!!! And of course, a wonderful workout!