Peanut Butter Cupcakes, almost too good to be true.

Options

Replies

• Lindsey_81
    Lindsey_81 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Saving this...how yummy!!!
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm a peanut butter freak!! Can't wait to try these! Thanks
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Perfect excuse to finally break open and try the jar of Better'n Peanut Butter I bought recently.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    OMG they look delicious! I am making them this wknd! I am a peanut butter freak!
  • MRL_74
    MRL_74 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oooh. I can't wait to try these!!
  • satiada
    satiada Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Got these in the oven now...
  • krista896
    krista896 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jds063
    Jds063 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    those look so good! I will be making those soon!
  • zevonfangrrrl
    Options
    saving, looks amazing!
  • ThinspiredButterfly
    ThinspiredButterfly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    OMG <3 bumpppppppp
  • nothingisred
    Options
    These look fantastic, I just wondered if anyone from the UK has tried making them with a Cool Whip substitute? I saw someone mentioned Bird's Dream Topping and I was thinking of trying these with this, has anyone had success that way?
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Nummy
  • heddalove
    heddalove Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yummy!! I can't wait to make these! :)
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Bump! Just looking at them maybe me hungry!
  • nothingisred
    Options
    I tried these last night, the cakes came out wonderfully the texture is slightly denser than normal cupcakes but I don't think I'd have noticed it if I didn't know, very yummy!

As for the topping, I couldn't find any dream topping to try as a cool whip substitute and after a bit of googling I found that squirty aerosol could work...it came out okay but runnier than I think it's meant to be, I had to put them in the fridge almost immediately to stop it from running over the sides! I think next time I might try the tofu topping instead.

A great recipe though, thanks!
  • sarebak
    sarebak Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i love peanut butter and chocolate... thank you, i can't wait to try them!
  • cindy0716
    cindy0716 Posts: 135
    Options
    Just stating my opinion, so don't everyone massacre me, but ... I didn't like these. The texture turned out more like a muffin than a cupcake and not a whole lot of flavor - not like chocolate that we are all used to. And never could get the frosting to look like frosting - it was very thin and runny. But, it was worth a try. I only make a 1/2 of the recipe, so it wasn't a lot lost.
  • fairygirl716
    Options
    Just stating my opinion, so don't everyone massacre me, but ... I didn't like these. The texture turned out more like a muffin than a cupcake and not a whole lot of flavor - not like chocolate that we are all used to. And never could get the frosting to look like frosting - it was very thin and runny. But, it was worth a try. I only make a 1/2 of the recipe, so it wasn't a lot lost.

I substituted whole wheat and honey for the flour and sugar and the cupcakes themselves were good....not great, but I'd make them again adding more honey.

However, I could not get the topping to work at all. I read a few of the posts about it not being solid enough so I stuck it back in the freezer for a couple hours before I tried to top the cupcakes....before I even got half of them frosted, the first ones were melting off. Although it tasted great, I was disappointed that it didn't work for me. maybe I'll make the frosting a few days in advance and refreeze next time.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JillybeanHVSH78
    JillybeanHVSH78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Any idea how many total carbs? Maybe even with or without frosting?