burning out?

Options
Is there such a thing as burning yourself out? Right now I think that is me. I am going through the motions of exercise and my every day life without being happy anymore, just really not feeling it. So exhausted and stressed I think I could sleep for days. . I'm finding it really hard to relax and am always tense.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I feel that way too. Either working out, going to class, or studying. Im pulling yet another all nighter and am so close to saying "*kitten* it im going to bed" but I don't. Just have to tell yourself your goals and that it takes work to get there

I would take a day off from everything. Enjoy yourself. Sleep in and be with people you enjoy :]
  • mako425
    mako425 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keep your chin up. Getting through the lulls is the toughest part of any diet. Keep your goal and any NSVs in mind. I've thought of giving up many times but I'm so close to my goal weight that I know I won't stop.

Best of luck.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Keep your chin up. Getting through the lulls is the toughest part of any diet. Keep your goal and any NSVs in mind. I've thought of giving up many times but I'm so close to my goal weight that I know I won't stop.

Best of luck.

I'm not even talking about giving up though. I'm just saying I am actually so exhausted right now, from all aspects in my life and I don't know what to do.
  • bigchid88
    Options
    You may just need to take a break from life for a day or 2 and catch up on sleep. It will rejuvenate you and you will feel a TON better and be able to tackle everything life throws at you again with ease =]
  • cindywhitney
    cindywhitney Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've been there before and am just getting back into this again. I find that it gets the worst when I over exercise and under eat. That can go ok for a while, then it comes to a head. I'm determined to do it right this time...slow and steady wins the race..one day at a time...and whatever other saying you can think of ;)
  • amkelley
    Options
    I would take one or two days off, seriously. I was in a slump a few weeks ago. I wasn't losing like I wanted. I was close to giving up. I was stressed out and feeling depressed. I took a whole weekend off. I didnt go off the deep end with my eating but I didnt do perfect either. I have been losing my 1-2 lbs a week steady since I took my break. I would also suggest changing what you do everyday...dont do the same routine or at least do your routine a little differently everday. Good luck- you can get through this!!
  • jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    im the same as cindy i found that when i wasnt eating enough food to fuel my body i was getting more and more lethargic and lazier and lazier with excercise cos it all seemed so hard. maybe you are eating the wrong kind of foods? that arent providing enough energy?
    i would listen to your body, if it wants to sleep then let is sleep, thats when it heals maybe all the intense changes just need a bit of time to catch up and reset:)

dont give up, i did and ended up putting on even more weight, "dont give up what you really want for what you want right now" its a saying i run through my head whenever im having a hard time xx

good luck,
  • boku70
    boku70 Posts: 80
    Options
    Some days, you just go through the motions. The important thing is to keep on keeping on.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Take a day off!

Then think about switching up your routine a little bit.