Deva instructor put me down!

Options
I'm raging at feeling humiliated and rubbished by an instructor at my gym (who s a dancer) ,who basically told me I was crap!

My confidence is shattered! I don't think I should put up with this after all I pay a membership! ba****ds!!

Replies

• Gio2369
    Gio2369 Posts: 82
    Options
    Don't even worry about it, her opinion is in the bottom 1%, you keep going :)
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Try to look at it from this way. Maybe she was trying to get you to push yourself as hard as you can. I am not saying you weren't but some people's way to getting people motivated is not to everyone's liking and will come across as harsh and mean. I wouldn't take what she said personally. I am sure you did great.

Maybe you should speak to her about what she said to you. It is the only way you will get it resolved and see if she was actually attacking you.
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    use this anger to fuel your workouts!!
    she is a joystomper, and that is so uncool!!
  • ACook42
    ACook42 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I agree with Gio2369, her opinion is not even something you should worry about. If it makes you feel better to complain to management about her unhealthy attitude and bad customer service then do it. But I really don't think the gym owners really care.
    At my gym, every time I ask a question about what I could do to better my workout all they do is try to sell me training sessions.
    So buck up and dust your self off and try not to let one persons attitude discourage you from your goal.:flowerforyou:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    She better thank her lucky stars that she wasn't teaching a kickboxing or MMA class....:laugh:
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I would take motivation from this and work harder to prove the trainer wrong! Try it!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Things like that are my BIGGEST motivator. When someone tries to tell me they are better than me in some way (and are mean about it...I should add), I take it TOTALLY personal, then kick butt (sports, personal fitness, singing...etc). Show her that her 'deva' wont get her too far in life.

Let her be your inspiration. Then go make yourself look better :laugh: :wink:
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    What specifically did she say?

Is it possible that she was trying to correct/improve your behavior and you just didn't want to hear it? Or did she actually say something just plain mean? I think there's a pretty big difference.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    What specifically did she say?

Is it possible that she was trying to correct/improve your behavior and you just didn't want to hear it? Or did she actually say something just plain mean? I think there's a pretty big difference.
    This is what I was thinking too. Without knowing exactly what she said, it's difficult to feel indignant for you because I know that I've been misunderstood more than once.