Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone ever used this site???

rwalden628
rwalden628 Posts: 54
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
freetrainers.com? One of the fitness calculators says I'm supposed to drink 127 oz of water per day. I've hit a plateau and I'm wondering if that's the culprit. At 182 lbs, does that sound reasonable to you guys?

86075.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

Replies

• freetrainers.com? One of the fitness calculators says I'm supposed to drink 127 oz of water per day. I've hit a plateau and I'm wondering if that's the culprit. At 182 lbs, does that sound reasonable to you guys?

86075.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • I have never used it.

I have always heard your supposed to drink half your weight in water.
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Never used this site but everyone hits a wall keep pluging your body will adjust you may just need to up your cardio.:happy:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    that depends on how much cardio you are doing.

that sounds slightly higher then normal, but if you are doing a lot of cardio, then that's reasonable, and plus, 127 oz a day isn't BAD, in most cases anyway. It takes a LOT of water to drink too much, make sure you replenish electrolytes if you do drink a lot all at once (eat 1/2 a banana, or have an orange...etc)
  • That is a gallon of water a day, that seems like an awful lot of water. Normal recommendations is 64-80 ounces per day (8-10, 8 oz. glasses per day). I don't think drinking that much will hurt you but is you aren't peeing it out, then I'd cut back to the recommended amount and see how that works.

I know you have to drink water to get rid of water so don't scrimp on what your intake is, you know your body better than anyone and if drinking that much isn't working then cut back a little and see it that helps get the pounds off. And remember we all hit plateaus, it is just part of trying to lose weight. Hang in there and you'll get to your goal!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    At the gym last week the class instructors also told us to drink half our weight in water a day.

So for me that would be 186/2 = 93 oz / 8 oz/cup = 11.6 cups per day.

The 8 cups per day you normally hear advertised is for a woman weighing 120lbs.
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    At the gym last week the class instructors also told us to drink half our weight in water a day.

Kat, I have heard the same. The amount of water you should drink if based on your weight. I used about 100 oz a day as a goal. Depending upon what kind of cardio I am doing I drink more.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member

Kat, I have heard the same. The amount of water you should drink if based on your weight. I used about 100 oz a day as a goal. Depending upon what kind of cardio I am doing I drink more.
    To be honest I have never really tracked my water intake, although I know I should.

But if I am doing carido I generally have to refill my water bottle a few times :smile:
  • ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    wow thats a lot of water lol. I only get about 6 -8 cups in. I guess I should try a bit more
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    OMG if I drank half of my body weight in water I'd need to drink 14 cups of water a day! YIKES! I drink maybe half of that. :o
This discussion has been closed.