Can you get rid of Back Fat??

Options
I'm 46 and I'm just wondering if its possible to banish back fat?? Does this come with age, I certainly hope not I hate it!!! It looks horrible in my clothes:( #welp

Replies

• staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    i hope so ... i'm gonna stick round to see what other people say x
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    You can't target it, but by eating a clean, lean diet and doing back exercises you can help shred all the fat in your body. Once you do, if you work your back, it'll look amazing underneath. I know, I was there about a year ago :)

Feel free to shoot me a friend request :)
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    slooooowly, but surely! you'll just have to hit some major cardio, and even though you can't spot reduce, i favor doing strength training for my back, because as the fat is melting, i want there to be some muskels under there!
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    It's part of your overall body fat, so you're going to have to reduce your body fat in order to see a difference. You can spot train, but you can't spot lose. Clean up your diet, incorporate HIIT (high intensity interval training) for cardio and lift some heavy weights. Good luck!:smile:
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    stick to the diet..vvork out. Get the 30 day shred dvd it vvill melt off....svveat baby
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    As counter productive as it sounds... eating enough, especially enough protein, and exercising enough that as you lose weight, you're losing fat instead of muscle and fat.

Last time I lost weight, when I was stupidly doing very low calorie pretty much starvation diet, I got down to around 130, but since I wasn't eating right and wasn't exercising as much as I should, I still had those horrible back fat rolls even at my goal weight. I was skinny-fat.

This time around, with cardio and strength training, and eating a good amount and good balance of food, they were gone long before I reached 140. I never thought they would go, so I was shocked when I took progress photos in a bikini and they were gone.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! You'll need to do weight training/lifting to build up the muscle. As you lose weight and build muscle, the back fat WILL steadily go away.
  • KalypsoDiva
    KalypsoDiva Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    To trim mine down, I'm noticing that sticking to my diet and exercising is helping. It's a slow process but I am seeing results.
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Most definitely! But like everyone else has said, it's not going to be like you can just lose fat from your back and nowhere else. Just focus on eating healthy & exercising and you'll lose fat everywhere, include your back! I have lost almost 40 lbs and already see a difference, even though I have another 60 lbs to lose before I'll be at a healthy weight! The main thing is be sure you're exercising because if you just eat low calorie & lose weight, you'll likely have loose skin and still be "fat", just a skinny fat.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    My experience is that fat from all parts of your body will go away.
    From what I have read, as you adjust your eating habits and exercise, the fat stored in your body will diminish in the same order as it was stored.
    For me this meant that my double chin was one of the first things to go away as I lost weight. Followed by my butt then belly.
    If I understand the science. A body becomes over weight (fat) because our digestive system does not know whet to do with the excess calories/sugars etc. So it tries to store the energy for future use. As one area becomes full the body will send to another area. Kind of like a warehouse. As the body gets heavier it keeps looking for the path of least resistance to store the extra energy (fat).
    When we eat better and exercise this process is reversed. With the body using the stored energy from the most accessible locations first. If you are familiar with Accounting this is kind of like the principal: Last In - First Out (LIFO).
    Note: I am not a doctor!! This is only my interpretation of what little I have read on this subject. (Done as I was curious about how my body was changing as I lost weight)
    Good Luck
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I have lost a LOT of my back fat. I'm hoping to have a smooth back once i reach my goal weight. :) good luck!
    i log everyday, and i exercise 5-7 days per week for 40-60 minutes. imo it just takes exercise and healthy(ish) eating ;)
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    I did the 30 Day Shred (30DS) and went from a bra size 44D to a 42 D. I really noticed a difference in my back and hips. Its not easy the first few days cuz the legs get really sore, but if you push through the pain, its gone by day 5. Its a whole body workout and melts inches off fast!! You can download it free. Just wait 45 seconds and click on regular download. Then bookmark the page for future use. Good luck!
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V04V4SX7
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you asked so I could read everyone's responses... I thought I was going to have to do back lipo if there is such a thing.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    . I was skinny-fat.

This time --- strength training,

^^ This should also be stickied for anyone trying to get lean w/o using weight training. Non-resistance based cardio and dieting WILL cause you to lose weight and you will also lose fat, but you won't end up with a good looking physique when the dust settles. Obviously for health reasons, just losing weight is great -- but if you want to look good when it's done, lift heavy things, frequently.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    If I'm grilling with direct heat, I trim the back fat to avoid flare ups. If I am BBQing and using indirect heat, I leave the back fat on with the fat side up to capture the flavor and keep the lean meat moist.

Oh....wait a second...this isn't the recipe forum. Never mind.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    If I'm grilling with direct heat, I trim the back fat to avoid flare ups. If I am BBQing and using indirect heat, I leave the back fat on with the fat side up to capture the flavor and keep the lean meat moist.

Oh....wait a second...this isn't the recipe forum. Never mind.

smirk...
    when are you going to fix me some dinner?! sounds good!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Where you gain weight is just luck of the genetic draw. Some people get it in their back more than others, regardless of age. But if you lose weight, you will lose the back weight along with the rest.
  • konswela
    konswela Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and I'm just wondering if its possible to banish back fat?? Does this come with age, I certainly hope not I hate it!!! It looks horrible in my clothes:( #welp

WOW I was just thinking about this. I am doing Ripped in 30(on week 4) and although I can see improvement in the back fat.. lol . I want it completely gone..
  • wannalosew82
    wannalosew82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at the Before and After Pics of the 30 day shredders. It really seems to tone the back and the waist very well. Now if only I can stick with the program!:ohwell:
  • kylamb
    kylamb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    stick to the diet..vvork out. Get the 30 day shred dvd it vvill melt off....svveat baby

THIS! Just search before and after pictures of 30ds! The results are amazing...even with impossible back fat!