Cofffee drinkers

Options
Do anyone drink coffee while trying to lose weight. I try to only have one cup a week with half/half with equal. I was just wondering if the caffeine slows down weight loss.

Replies

• BOOPIS67
    BOOPIS67 Posts: 19
    Options
    Do anyone drink coffee while trying to lose weight. I try to only have one cup a week with half/half with equal. I was just wondering if the caffeine slows down weight loss.
  • sutts
    sutts Posts: 35
    Options
    I have read din "Hungry Free Forever" and "The Insulin Resistance Diet" that caffeine slows down weight loss. I love my coffee so I haven't been able to stop. I drink it every day. However, I haven't lost weight either so maybe I should take the advice of the experts.
  • puppylove84
    Options
    I can't speak to whether it speeds up/slows down weight loss, but a cup of coffee sure does get my butt moving in the morning to work out :drinker:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    caffeine is the number one weight lost supplement, I like to get mine from coffee. I like it black
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    While natural caffeine can actually help increase weight loss if taken immediately before exercise, regularly drinking coffee doesn't really do much.

Caffeine is a stimulant, but the body will develop an immunity (sort of) to it if you drink it often, so someone who has a cup or two a day won't really see any benefits from it. but having 1 cup a week might help a little (very little) bit if you drink it right before working out. It can help energize you during a workout. It's minimal though.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I love coffee and the effect caffiene has when it is in me.

As the boat rower said....most of the diet pills have some caffiene in them.

Having a cup or two before your workout can help but be careful and watch your heart rate.

If you are going to drink coffee....get a coffee mill and grind your beans fresh every day.
    It makes a big difference in the qualtiy and freshness of the coffee.
  • brandnewsummerb
    Options
    I'm not sure where you heard it slows weight loss down but I'm pretty sure that's crap! I drink coffee every day (at least 2 cups) and it hasn't haulted my weight loss or made me gain. Caffeine is supposed to speed up your metabolism!
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    I drink like 3-4 cups a day with sugar free fench vanilla creamer and I have been losing, but make sure you drink alot of water as well cause coffee is a dieratic and will dehydrate you.
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I drink like 3-4 cups a day with sugar free fench vanilla creamer and I have been losing, but make sure you drink alot of water as well cause coffee is a dieratic and will dehydrate you.

Agree.. I have one really big cup of coffee with the fat free french vanilla each am, and hasn't slowed my weight loss either.
  • aprilrenee71
    Options
    I have 3 cups in the morning with fat free vanilla creamer and a half teaspoon of regular sugar. I lose weight. I have heard it speeds up metabalism.
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have 3 cups in the morning with fat free vanilla creamer and a half teaspoon of regular sugar. I lose weight. I have heard it speeds up metabalism.

I don't wanna be out of line here, but if it wasn't for coffee- I would not be as regular:blushing: I usually have two cups with vanilla soy milk. Man, I would not give up my coffee for anything!
  • vjm123
    vjm123 Posts: 3
    Options
    Oh lord I am a MAJOR coffee drinker - upwards of 10 strong black cups a day (well its now my only vice)

I lost over 100lbs last year and gave up smoking just before christmas so it hasnt slowed me down at all.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    LOVE my coffee! I drink 3-4 cups a day.... Black. I had to ween myself off sugar and cream, but it CAN be done. Now, I don't even like it with all the extra crap in it... Just dark and black! MMMmmmmmm! :drinker:
  • xfluffyfrogx
    Options
    I love my coffee but my flavored creamer is really putting me over some days.
    Does any one have any suggestions that might reduce my calories but still give me what I need?
    I'm not too big on black coffee either.

Thanks
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    I love my coffee but my flavored creamer is really putting me over some days.
    Does any one have any suggestions that might reduce my calories but still give me what I need?
    I'm not too big on black coffee either.

Thanks
    \

I use sugar free french vanilla cofffeemate it has 15 calories per tablespoon! So if you dont use too much !!
  • carolstrange0
    Options
    YES I second the Sugar Free Vanilla ---- EVERYDAY!! one cup before working out:drinker:

OH AND I ADD SPLENDA WITH FIBER!

I have a measuring tablespoon right beside my coffee maker because i know i will add way to much -- IT'S SOME GOOD STUFF!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I also only get a chance to drink half before i have to run out the door! I wont bring it to work because i;ll drink it all day and will get dehydrated! So i have 66 oz of water instead :drinker:
  • xfluffyfrogx
    Options
    thank you I will try that :smile:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i drink one cup every morning at work. none on the weekends. i add coffee mate and sugar - not the fake stuff! :flowerforyou:
  • TexasLaneys
    Options
    I had slowed down my coffee drinking for awhile, but I'm back to my usual 3 to 4 cups a day. I just make sure that I drink at least 1/2 my body weight in ounces of water each day also. Plus, I have given up the diet drinks also and limit my other liquid intake to unsweet tea when I tire of coffee.

:smile:
  • Short_Stuff
    Options
    Love my coffee ! I have a cup a day mixed with Swiss Miss hot chocolate which gives me a serving of calcium. I have been losing weight so I don't think that there's any effect.