Low Cal Pizza at Pizza Hut (UK)

Options
Hi - Just wanted to let you know i went to Pizza Hut (in the UK) last night and they now do a range of 3 Pizza's (Shrimp, Chicken and Veg) that are all less than 500 calories each - they also now show calorific values for all their Pizzas on their menus - however note the small print says the calories shown are per slice (average 6 slices per pizza) That makes most of their pizzas 1200 ish calories each (except the Pizzetta range)
Its nice to be able to go out and have a meal without blowing the diet :-)

Replies

• fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks for that - I can now put it on our 'list' of places we can now go!!!
    Was it good??? !!!!:smile:
  • Liopleurodon
    Options
    Will they take the peppers off the shrimp one for me, you think? I hate peppers. Otherwise nom nom nom.
  • ChristineWear
    Options
    500kcal per slice! Wowzers! That's still pretty calorific lol! :-D
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks for that - I can now put it on our 'list' of places we can now go!!!
    Was it good??? !!!!:smile:

I had the veg and OH had the Chicken and they were both lovely - very well presented and tasty
  • dianeellen2
    Options

No - sorry - the new range Pizzetta are 500 calories per pizza
  • dianeellen2
    Options
    Will they take the peppers off the shrimp one for me, you think? I hate peppers. Otherwise nom nom nom.

OH had Chicken and asked them to hold the mushrooms (as he doesnt like them) it was no probelm
  • ChristineWear
    Options
    Ahhhh! That sounds a better, may have to treat myself sometime :-)
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SarahxCheesecake
    SarahxCheesecake Posts: 169 Member
    Options

oh dear...read it
  • eightyninepounds
    Options
    This is fantastic! I'm vegan but my family love pizza so I always get a Veg pizza without cheese to compromise ... how many calories would you estimate the Virtuous Veg would be cheese-free? I can relax and enjoy the meal for once!
  • dianeellen2
    Options
    This is fantastic! I'm vegan but my family love pizza so I always get a Veg pizza without cheese to compromise ... how many calories would you estimate the Virtuous Veg would be cheese-free? I can relax and enjoy the meal for once!
    There was very little cheese on it - so i guess you could drop 100 cals?
  • mormas
    mormas Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    that's good news... can't wait to hit the hut!!!

Another tip is to eat half the pizza and fill up on the free salad bar (avoiding all the calorie / fat ladden salad) My local hut will then box the remaining pizza for me to take home and have the following day.
  • eightyninepounds
    Options
    There was very little cheese on it - so i guess you could drop 100 cals?

Really? Wow. Even more awesome! Thank you :D
  • edith_t
    edith_t Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    how big is the pizetta?
  • nickiemcg
    Options
    I'm having a pizzetta one on sat when i go to watch lee evans, i think its great how they have done this! I noticed it a few weeks back..... think i'm gona have the chicken :-) Can't wait!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    This is fab! And I'm glad they have started putting calorie values on the menu!! I think more places need to do this!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    This is fab! And I'm glad they have started putting calorie values on the menu!! I think more places need to do this!

Totally agree!!
  • dianeellen2
    Options
    how big is the pizetta?

Its shaped like a large pizza slice and probably about a foot long by about 6 inches wide at the top - but there is no crust just pizza right up to the edges - its plenty big enough (and you get free salad bar with it too)