Hi everybody, I am new to the site

Options
How do one overcome the sweet tooth monster?

I am feeling a bit discourage, I excersize really hard in the gym every morning, just to half way though the
day give in to my sweet craving and then I defeat all my hard work by eating back all the kilojoules I have
lost in the morning.

Any one out there overcome this challenge, could really do with some help

keep well ;-)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Just keep fighting through and the cravings will stop. Although Dark Choc. is ok in small amounts. Just leave enough in your goals for the treat. Welcome and good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • MrsFusion
    MrsFusion Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I had a really hard time at first. But, now I drink lots of water and have some fruit or yogurt for my mid day snack.
  • GetMySkiniBack
    Options
    I have that same problem - and I have co-workers that buy sweets all the time and con me into eating them, no matter how many times I say no thank you. What do you like? I try to substitute with greek yogurt or apple slices with a little peanut butter. I've also stopped myself from buying lots of sweets at the grocery store that I normally would buy for my kids to eat (or for my hubby, who also has a sweet tooth). If the sweets aren't in the house to eat, I have to find something else (healthier) to munch on. Good luck!
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I do the dark chocolate thing. But I make sort of an event of it-- I don't eat it absently. I buy the absolute best, most expensive dark choc I can find. I break off two squares, and I focus on it when I eat it. I let it melt on my tongue, and really , really enjoy it.

I found that I felt less deprived if I did that. And now other sweets honestly taste too sweet to me. I can walk right by them. Good luck!
  • JohnFurie
    Options
    Yeah I had a sweet tooth problem for many years, but now I am serious about living healthy and losing weight I just replace the urge with a piece of fruit and ti seems to do the trick...
  • DKing33
    DKing33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I find that things like dried fruit really help me get past the sweets craving. Somedays are easier than others, just keep fighting
  • Toenges1
    Toenges1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Have you ever considered Medifast. I am NOT on their payroll..but, I have recently lost nearly 50 pounds on their plan and am at my goal weight - maintaining. You can do it online via www.mymedifast.com or they have Medifast Centers in certain states. You get 5 of their meals a day and 1 "lean and green" which you get to make for yourself based on your preferences. When you said sweet tooth, that made me think Medifast. Most of their meals are bars which are chocolate, carmel, peanut butter, cinnamen, etc.
    They have been created by nutrition experts to have the right amount of carb/protein mix and also have ingredients in them to keep you feeling satisfied for 2-3 hours (when it is time to have your next meal). I just had their brownie this morning which you can make in less than 2 minutes in the microwave...then I pop it in the freezer for an hour ...when you take it out it is like a brownie fudge consistancy and cold. I top with a tablespoon of sugar free peanut butter (I like Smart Balance) and eat with a cup of coffee..it is like cheating!! And will for sure satisfy that sweet tooth. Even if you don't want to do the Medifast Plan, you may want to see if you can order some brownies..it's an excellent breakfast food and gets you through that sweet craving. Just a thought.
  • vegasaims
    vegasaims Posts: 128
    Options
    I have noticed that sweets are TOO sweet now. Every once in a while a small piece of dark chocolate works for me. I also found using Crystal Light packets in my water when the sweet tooth is coming out. It is just enough to take the edge off. Sugar-free gum helps too. Good luck.
  • lizetteswan
    Options
    thank you for your suggestion and encouragement it is appreciated ;-)
  • lizetteswan
    Options
    Hi there I am in South Africa, will have a look to see if they are around here, thank you for the suggestion, keep well ;-)