Insanity anyone???

Options
Hello! I am going to be starting the insanity program in 11 days Monday 10/24/2011. I was wondering if anyone else has been thinking about starting insanity and would like to start at the same time so we can help motivate eachother???
If not then is anyone already doing this program and what are your results so far?
I am just about finished with Turbo Fire (Which I LOVED) and want to turn it up a notch.
I hope you all have a blessed day and good luck on your goals....

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I want to get it. I dont know if i will have it in 11 days.
  • rimandro
    rimandro Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am going to be starting the insanity program in 11 days Monday 10/24/2011. I was wondering if anyone else has been thinking about starting insanity and would like to start at the same time so we can help motivate eachother???
    If not then is anyone already doing this program and what are your results so far?
    I am just about finished with Turbo Fire (Which I LOVED) and want to turn it up a notch.
    I hope you all have a blessed day and good luck on your goals....

I'm currently on Insanity on Month 2. They are quite the workouts so all I can offer is keep your form, push through the pain because most of the time you will want to stop and take a break, get a HRM so you can make sure HR drops enough during the breaks, don't eat at least an hour before, and drink a great tasting recovery drink like chocolate soy milk after each 'hard' workout.
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first round (hopefully posting my before/after pics tomorrow). I lost 7 pounds and 3.5 inches. I can also see a huge improvement in my athletic ability and endurance. I'm pretty happy with the results, and will probably start another round sometime in the next few months, or at least add it to my current training on certain days. Good luck with the program!!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I did a round of Insanity, just started Asylum a few weeks ago. It's a great program, get yourself some comfy shoes and good luck, if you stick with it you will see great progress.
  • melissalemieux
    melissalemieux Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i have it, was going to start in January? who has done it can tell me abou tthe results?? DOES IT WORK?
  • rimandro
    rimandro Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i have it, was going to start in January? who has done it can tell me abou tthe results?? DOES IT WORK?

No need to wait until January, start it tonight or tomorrow. All you need is 40minutes and some water. As long as you follow your calorie guidelines in the MyFitnessPal app on your phone, you will definitely see results. You also need to push through the pain of wanting to quit working out, but just keep at it and the weight will shed right off. There will be soreness the first week, push through that too.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

Just like any other program, the results are dependant on your effort. In my case, I ate at at slight deficit, consistantly performed at my highest level of intensity and I was able to shed about 10lbs. While doing the program I continued to lift heavy and had a high protein intake. Even at a caloric deficit, I still increased the max weight on my lifts.