WHATCHA THINK?

Alright MFP's, I am totally committed to my lifestyle change! YAY ME! That being said, does it seem a bit obsessive for me to measure everything at home and carry it to work. For instance, my meals and snacks.

I'm just curious. And is it just me or does anyone else do this too?

Replies

• ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    I used to measure everything. After doing it for awhile I was able to learn what an apropriate serving size looked like. Now I still count out serving of anyhting that can be counted like pretzels and nuts.
  • no i dont think so.. from things i read that is one of the best ways to keep track of what you eat and so you dont over eat.. i am starting to do the same.. I am only going to eat what the label of things say is a serving and not what i think is a serving lol.
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Thanks ladies! @mistyashley, I'm finding out about that whole serving size thing too! And after reading the label on my bread, I found the information listed in the database was incorrect, so that makes me extra careful. It may seem a bit obsessive, but it's working!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    I pack my lunch and my snacks for the day at the same time I make my breakfast (weighing and measuring all of it, of course). It's just routine for me now.

Added bonus: I figure I'm saving an average of about $150 a month that used to go to lunches out and vending machine snacks!
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    I still weigh, count, & measure things - it keeps me honest! Even though I know what a serving size of things I eat regularly looks like - it's TOO EASY to over estimate and THINK you're only eating a serving.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    In the beginning I would weigh and measure everything. It really helped to see what a serving size really looked like. Good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • dcmonilove
    dcmonilove Posts: 11 Member
    It seems obsessive to me but if you feel it'll help you stay on track go for it.
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    I measure everything at home too and pack my bkfst/lunch for the next day. But I'm one of those "it's all or nothing" type people. If I don't measure, I feel like I'm off plan for some reason. Then, when I get to where I feel like I'm "off plan", I tend to throw in the towel! So measuring keeps me honest! The funny thing is I seriously know portions sizes inside and out - I can 'eye measure' something and then really measure and be right on. I guess for me it's a mental thing that I have to KNOW it is right on via that measuring utensil!!
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Alright, the MVP's (:love: ) have spoken! I shall continue measuring!