Stuck in a RUT.

Options
billak
billak Posts: 15 Member
I'm stuck in a RUT! I'm not sad about it. :indifferent: IT IS WHAT IT IS! I have 10 pounds to go. I'll lose a pound here gain a pound there. For years I've been trying to lose these last 10 pounds. Now I'm teetering about trying to lose it or just embrace it. Just thought I would post my thoughts.

Replies

• meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    LOSE IT AND STOP BEING A BABY!! LOL
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I would say if you are happy with yourself now, then embrace it. If you feel you should lose these last ten then stick with it. They will eventually come off. I only have about ten to go to and I have been teetering as well, but I do not want to stop. i'm going all the way, even if it takes me another year. :)
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    double post. Sorry!
  • Srbrosseau
    Srbrosseau Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If your goal is to lose another 10 lbs., then do it!

You might need to shock your muscles, your metabolism, or both.

You can shock the muscles by cross training (doing different and more strenuous exercise than you usually do).

You can shock your metabolism by taking one "break day" from your diet a week. On this day, you gorge yourself. That way your body doesn't attempt to hold on to calories. Continuous dieting results in your body thinking it needs to hold on to calories for a "famine" phase. This one day a week break will keep your body guessing.
  • billak
    Options
    I like your post. That's just the encouragement I need. LOL! I'm going to grow UP.
  • billak
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. Sometimes I need a good kick in the butt. :smile:
  • Srbrosseau
    Srbrosseau Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work and you WILL get there.