Replies

• awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    New challenge any ideas guys ?
  • awestfall
    Options
    :flowerforyou: New challenge is sets of squats each day. Lets strengthen up those thigh and butt muscles so they look extra sexy this summer.I started the new thread because I don't know where AM is so I took the liberty of starting another new challenge.Hope no one disagrees with it.
  • forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi there.

I have no objections to a new thread. and I am definatly over 200. My goal is to lose 30lbs in the next 10 weeks because I am on a 10 week chalange and I really really want to win the 750$.
    I'll probably get trounced by someone who spent the ten weeks getting totally ripped but if I make my goal I'll still have lost 30lbs and that is also a substantal win.

Good luck with your squats.

Brenda
  • awestfall
    Options
    Hi there.

I have no objections to a new thread. and I am definatly over 200. My goal is to lose 30lbs in the next 10 weeks because I am on a 10 week chalange and I really really want to win the 750$.
    I'll probably get trounced by someone who spent the ten weeks getting totally ripped but if I make my goal I'll still have lost 30lbs and that is also a substantal win.

Good luck with your squats.

Brenda
    GOOD ATTITUDE TO HAVE!! And welcome to the group !!:flowerforyou:
  • Matterafun
    Options
    Thanks, Awestfall! I hope AM is alright.

Weigh-in today for me is 193.8 (down 2 lbs)! I'll take it!! :smile:
    Also, I walked 30 minutes 6 days last week in addition to ab work and additional strength training.

Whine/Rant Alert: :grumble:
    Despite my on-target weightloss, I was a bit frustrated this morning. My husband is thin (5' 8" & 152 lbs), has a high metabolism naturally and started jogging a few weeks ago for his health. When I shared with him that I had lost two pounds, he shared that in one week he had lost 5! He's now 147, which is my goal weight. I love him lots and am glad he's starting to exercise, but it's just frustrating when he eats whatever and however much he wants (much of it junk and fast food -- I keep working on him though.) and loses 5 lbs, when I'm eating healthy, counting calories, working out and can only lose a max of 2 lbs per week. I understand that women's bodies are designed to hold onto fat more so than men's, and that hormones play a role, but it's just frustrating that the weight doesn't come off as quickly. Okay, that's all of my whining for now. Thanks for enduring it :smile:
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options

Also, I walked 30 minutes 6 days last week in addition to ab work and additional strength training.

Despite my on-target weightloss, I was a bit frustrated this morning. My husband is thin (5' 8" & 152 lbs), has a high metabolism naturally and started jogging a few weeks ago for his health. When I shared with him that I had lost two pounds, he shared that in one week he had lost 5! He's now 147, which is my goal weight. I love him lots and am glad he's starting to exercise, but it's just frustrating when he eats whatever and however much he wants (much of it junk and fast food -- I keep working on him though.) and loses 5 lbs, when I'm eating healthy, counting calories, working out and can only lose a max of 2 lbs per week. I understand that women's bodies are designed to hold onto fat more so than men's, and that hormones play a role, but it's just frustrating that the weight doesn't come off as quickly. Okay, that's all of my whining for now. Thanks for enduring it :smile:

:drinker: Congrats on your loss!! I can relate totaly to the skinny... loses weight eaisly hubby! Sigh... you just have to love them any way!!:heart::mad:
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Almost forgot! I'm down to 201 today (-2.5 lbs)... 100's here I come!!! I'll try the squat challenge, I have a bum knee that grinds when I do them. I'll stick mainly to my normal routine and throw in a few squats for the spirit of the challenge! :bigsmile:
  • Matterafun
    Options

:drinker: Congrats on your loss!! I can relate totaly to the skinny... loses weight eaisly hubby! Sigh... you just have to love them any way!!:heart::mad:

Thanks! I do love him -- lots. Thanks for understanding. Congrats to you on your weightloss! You'll be in the 100s very soon! :drinker:
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Weigh in today.. = 216!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay! 4 lbs!!! ^_^ (im happy with that)

And.. Ive never done squats before.t his is going to be intense.. haha...

<3 u girls Im going to the gym now! <3
    B
  • awestfall
    Options
    if you can't do the squats i totally understand but if you can get up and do it k
  • DivaLisa
    DivaLisa Posts: 29
    Options
    hey all, i am pretty new to MFP (3rd day)

i was wondering if i could join in, i would love to be with others in my weight cat. and making goals ..

start weight 296 wednesday (294.6 today,)
    official weigh ins are on Wednesday for me
  • awestfall
    Options
    Well are group weigh ins are on Fridays and today starts our new challenge week.Our new challenge is to see how many squats you can perform this week.If you can't do squats you can choose a challenge of your own to report to us.Welcome to the group and good luck with your weight loss success:flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options
    100 squats today
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    100 squats today

o.0 how do you dooo it!?!? I can walk for hours.. but I was only able to do 10 squats yesterday..

Anyways in other news my best friend from high school comes in today! YAY! she and her bf are staying with my bf and I for the weekend.. I am going to have a hard time finding time to exorcise and eat right this weekend.. Its my b-day part and I need to spend as much time with her as possible... so AHHGGHGH its going to be tuff.

<3
    B

I am totally going to post a pic of my crazy bday cake after I make it tonight!
  • awestfall
    Options
    100 squats today

o.0 how do you dooo it!?!? I can walk for hours.. but I was only able to do 10 squats yesterday..

Anyways in other news my best friend from high school comes in today! YAY! she and her bf are staying with my bf and I for the weekend.. I am going to have a hard time finding time to exorcise and eat right this weekend.. Its my b-day part and I need to spend as much time with her as possible... so AHHGGHGH its going to be tuff.

<3
    B

I am totally going to post a pic of my crazy bday cake after I make it tonight!
    I stay focused on the end results and I always see results because I stay focused.You can still do exercise with your girlfriend coming in .Ask her to take a walk with you and try not to overindulge on your birthday but don't deprive yourself either.Good Luck and Happy birthday early.:flowerforyou:
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    you going to be the 200+ boss now, awestfall? :bigsmile: i've noticed a lot of teams lose members and spirit after a while, it's good to have a coordinator who has a lot of time on their hands (i perfectly well understand that most people have busy lives so it's hard to be on the forum all the time) just so we don't slack on the challenges too much. i am still super duper motivated and always around.

ok, you want squats you got squats baby :bigsmile: just did 10 quick ones while posting and going to do more a bit later

go 200+ (to the 100s that is) :drinker:

ps: i missed my 4 weeks goal of 230, stuck at 233 for the time being... my new goal is my original Goal #2 or 218 pounds by the end of April
  • awestfall
    Options
    you going to be the 200+ boss now, awestfall? :bigsmile: i've noticed a lot of teams lose members and spirit after a while, it's good to have a coordinator who has a lot of time on their hands (i perfectly well understand that most people have busy lives so it's hard to be on the forum all the time) just so we don't slack on the challenges too much. i am still super duper motivated and always around.

ok, you want squats you got squats baby :bigsmile: just did 10 quick ones while posting and going to do more a bit later

go 200+ (to the 100s that is) :drinker:

ps: i missed my 4 weeks goal of 230, stuck at 233 for the time being... my new goal is my original Goal #2 or 218 pounds by the end of April
    I wouldn't say I took over I just stepped in to help.AM has been MIA for a few weeks now and I just didn't want anyone to lose focus .So I decided to put in some new challenges so that we stay on track and motivated.Believe me I don't have extra time in my schedule to just blog all day or write entries on here but I do make time for things that are important to me and this is one of them.I get my motivation and my strengths from this site and all of the wonderful people on here.So to me taking a few minutes out of my day to help other people stay motivated well its rewarding to me.Like I said I am just helping out for now until AM makes her way back to the site:flowerforyou: I know whats its like to be busy all the time I have 3 girls 14,4,and 2 and I am always going going going.GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS AND GALS!!Stay Focused !!:flowerforyou:
  • Appletini
    Appletini Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I need to figure out ways to tone...I mainly do cardio.

I'm in this week! :happy:
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    I wouldn't say I took over I just stepped in to help.AM has been MIA for a few weeks now and I just didn't want anyone to lose focus .So I decided to put in some new challenges so that we stay on track and motivated.Believe me I don't have extra time in my schedule to just blog all day or write entries on here but I do make time for things that are important to me and this is one of them.I get my motivation and my strengths from this site and all of the wonderful people on here.So to me taking a few minutes out of my day to help other people stay motivated well its rewarding to me.Like I said I am just helping out for now until AM makes her way back to the site:flowerforyou: I know whats its like to be busy all the time I have 3 girls 14,4,and 2 and I am always going going going.GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS AND GALS!!Stay Focused !!:flowerforyou:

yeah, i know what you mean, it's so nice of you to take over :flowerforyou: right now i am taking care of the charts for the Green Team, which is my original team here... i have lotsa free time, no work, no kids, not even a dog to look after, so it's very easy for me to do it and it makes me happy if i can help a little to keep people motivated like i myself am

alright, 50 squats so far, how many more you want, woman? :laugh:
  • awestfall
    Options
    Do as many squats as you feel comfortable with this week.I did another 100 squats this morning