no movement on scale or pants!

Options
I've been working out since mid August. 5-6 days per week and consistenly logging all my foods. I stay anywhere between 1200-1500 calories per day with a few exceptions here and there. My exercise consist of 30 minutes of cardo each day and weight machines every other day. I am not losing and my pants are still so tight in the waist!!! UGH...last year I lost 15 lbs on Weight Watchers and gained it all back so trying this since its free. I drink one - two Body by V shakes per day, add benefiber to them and try to make sure I don't have lots of sodium....where am I going wrong? Help!!!

Replies

• cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    If you work out that much you should eat back more of your workout calories.
  • pattymartin2010
    Options
    bump
  • KieraMegan
    Options
    I hate to ask this, but are you sure all the calories you're tracking are accurate? There might be something that you eat often that's getting underestimated...just a thought.
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    My doctor said 30 min work outs to maintain weight and 60 min work outs to loose weight. Try upping your work outs. Remember you dont have to work out 60 min straight you can break it up 30 in morning and 30 afternoon. build up to those longer work outs.... Our bodies get used to same work outs we need to up it and if we are not breaking a sweat its not that great of a work out.

good luck!!!
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    maybe switch up your exercise try a new form or cardio or maybe extend your time with it. maybe not do the shakes sometimes those shakes can have a ton of sugar
  • girlypop
    Options
    Since we can't actually see your food diary it's hard to say anything definitively.

The bottom line should be calories in vs calories out tho. What I would suggest is to get more accurate with respect to your calories. If you feel unsure at all about calories consider investing in a kitchen and measure some of your portions out just so you have a good idea of what 100g looks like for your most common foods. Than I would say buy a heart rate monitor. It should give you a way better estimate on your calories out and than you can see if there were any discrepancies. Good luck and I hope this helps.
  • girlypop
    Options
    Since we can't actually see your food diary it's hard to say anything definitively.

The bottom line should be calories in vs calories out tho. What I would suggest is to get more accurate with respect to your calories. If you feel unsure at all about calories consider investing in a kitchen and measure some of your portions out just so you have a good idea of what 100g looks like for your most common foods. Than I would say buy a heart rate monitor. It should give you a way better estimate on your calories out and than you can see if there were any discrepancies. Good luck and I hope this helps.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you need to switch up one or both....the exercise or nutrition.....either lessen your workouts...easing back as your body gets use to the nonstop motion...like a memory....and you probably need to up your food intake..how's your water intake? Fiber intake...TOM? water retention?

Add me if you like...but leave me a message as to why I'm adding you so I know what to look for if you have a question or concern..or you can add me...doesn't matter..lol
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    What's your goal weight? And to lose (esp if you've been working out consistently) you need to up your cardio to 45 min - 1 hour. I was doing 3-4 x's sometimes 5 a week of cardio and 4 days of weights-of course you don't need to do that much-and that really got me off my plateau. I was also eating about 1350 cals as my goal weight was 135. You can do it!
  • girlypop
    Options
    as an after thought: if you're only working out for 30mins your not really burning very much fat. The human body only starts burning fat as fuel at the 20min mark for cardio exercise so I agree that you should extend your workouts even to just 40mins would be good.
  • malaika1981
    malaika1981 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Do you have the ability to consult a nutritionist?
    i had lost almost 50lbs gained back 6 after injuring my knee
    which wasnt a horrible amount however i felt it in my pants for sure
    for months after my surgery i thought i was limiting what i ate and was exercising more then i had been
    i wasnt budging it was so frustrating
    i consulted a nutritionist who helped me recognize some simple things (plus she gave me myfitnesspal.com information)
    things like the difference between chicken breast and chicken legs, tbone steak vs rib eye, etc etc
    there is ways that i have found to cut out some unwanted fat and calories

the other trick i notice to my fitness pal is making sure you are acurate with your measurements of food as well as the closest calorie count
    i enjoy the food calculator to help me when i am making a recipe
    also i discovered when eating out that there is some things in myfitnesspal that are "lunch menu" and some that are dinner menu so if you are mis calculating lunch calories to dinner it could be a big difference

i am also very careful to add things like margarine, sugar, syrup whatever not just the dish i am eating
    cause ketchup etc can add up too!:flowerforyou: